New Bernina with stitch regulator

Old February 16th 05, 04:02 PM
bdiane

Good to know I am not ruining my machine. I just can not get the hang
of the free motion without stitch length help. I am a perfectionist
and even after practice, I tear it out. My eye is keen on design and I
can see the smallest variance in the length and I am displeased,
especially on a whole cloth quilt where it is vital. I tried
everything but this foot when I bought the machine and now sorry it did
not regulate the stitches better.... I love the machine though and
will just continue with this trick on the feed dogs now that I know it
won't hurt it.

Old February 16th 05, 04:08 PM
Teresa in Colorado

Oh - don't worry. It's still a great machine and my favorite.
You'll be able to get service and parts and accessories for years and years.
Aren't you glad you found it? :-)
--
Teresa in Colorado

http://home.comcast.net/~treesaquilts
The Presser Foot in Longmont and Fort Collins, Colorado
www.thepresserfoot.com
-

"bdiane" wrote in message
oups.com...
I watched for years for this machine --has everything I want--- and
when I finally found it last summer I bought it and now they
discontinue it ! I am shocked.
The 440 is well out of my price range. I don't know about the rest of
you ! This was a huge purchase for me at $2000.

Old February 16th 05, 04:14 PM
bdiane

Yes I am especially since it is going away now. Are the needles or any
accessories odd and likely to become difficult to find later?

By the way I am a Colorado Springs gal who has ended up out East.

Old February 16th 05, 04:26 PM
Teresa in Colorado

No - standard needles (Schmetz or Bernina or whatever).
Accessories will be around for a long time - the new machines use the same
ones as the 153 does.
Bernina still makes feet for the really really old machines. Repair parts
are becoming more difficult to get, but that is how it goes for anything
really old!
One of my favorite quilt shops is in Colorado Springs - Mountain High - It's
a good thing I'm hours away - I can ALWAYS spend lots of money there!
--
Teresa in Colorado

http://home.comcast.net/~treesaquilts
The Presser Foot in Longmont and Fort Collins, Colorado
www.thepresserfoot.com
-

oups.com...

Old February 16th 05, 06:37 PM
Sandy Foster

In article .com,
"bdiane" wrote:

Will Bernina make an accessory for the 153QE that can be purchased?
The stitch regulator could fit other machines.

Among other things, there's a cord to plug into the machine, so I doubt
that it could be retrofitted to another model.
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1

AKA Dame Sandy, Minister of Education
Old February 17th 05, 03:46 AM
DrQuilter

mmmmmm... I just paid that for the viking 750 sans stitch regulator..
mmmhhhh could I possibly part with it? will have to do a test run...

Thimbleberry wrote:

I made a trip to my LQS this past Saturday for something else, but
couldn't pass up the chance to try out the 440... Boy, was it a dream!
I've only tried machine quilting a little bit at home (where my
stitches are definitely NOT uniform) and was really surprised at how
even my stitches were. The price with the embroidery module was $3200+
(can't remember exactly) but WITHOUT the it the price came down to
$2624.25. And, you can add the embroidery part later... Even though I
wasn't looking for a new machine, I think I found one! Now, I just
need to put myself on the waiting list...

Kristie

Valerie in FL wrote:

My local quilt shop emailed me about this model a couple of days ago.

I've

been trying to find out how much it is since then.

$3499.00? Waahhh! I guess I can stop chatting it up with DH. sigh

--
Valerie in FL
My quilts: http://community.webshots.com/user/vjkahler

"Susan Torrens" wrote in message

I had a chance to try it at a local quilt show. It works really

well.

There are three different ways to use it, but for the show it was

set up

the
easiest way. Push a blue button on the front, and when you started

moving

the quilt sandwich, it started sewing. My biggest complaint is

that they

didn't make more room under the arm! They list for 3499.00.
"Susan Laity Price" wrote in message

Has anyone tried the new Bernina with the stitch regulator? It is
suppose to be the same type of thing that is on the long arm

machines.

When you are doing free motion quilting the machine stitches the

same

length stitch regardless of the speed you are quilting. Does it

really

work?

When I get home from vacation I thought I would take a basted baby
quilt to the store selling the new Bernina's and give it a test

drive.

Has anyone done that yet?

Susan

--
Dr. Quilter
(take the dog out before replying)
Old February 17th 05, 10:21 PM
bdiane

I am having no fun at all with the free motion on heavy fabric Without/
the stitch regulator. I believe this is the only way I would use that
foot with a whole cloth quilt again. I am back with the walking foot.
Is it a no no to go over the stitching you have already done to get to
the stitching left to do? Will it look weird with some lines doubled
up and some not when I get done? Trying to avoid the sew/cut/ start
over idea.

Old February 18th 05, 12:35 AM
Lenore Lawrence

I've already put DH on notice that I want this machine......maybe the second
year model in case there are kinks to work out!

Happy quilting to all,

Lenore

Lakewood, Washington

Old February 18th 05, 10:53 AM
Roberta Zollner

You can retrace your lines, and some people (not me) are so accurate that
the double stitches fall in exactly the same place. Otherwise the double
lines will show. You just have to decide if it bothers you or not. Doesn't
bother me a bit, although it's worthwhile to plan ahead to avoid this if
possible.
Roberta in D

ups.com...