So what are you all working on?

Old March 18th 13, 07:33 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Flossy[_2_]

Default So what are you all working on?

Having been out of the loop for so long I just wondered what you were all working on at the moment ?
Old March 18th 13, 11:47 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

Lots of things at once. The one thing I am determined to finish soon
is the result of a take-along bag of little triangle blocks. Each one
has 16 60-degree patches, each about 1.5" tall, to make up a totally
scrappy 60-degree triangle about 4.5" tall. I've been carting these
around on trips for years now, have about 300 done, and I'm sewing
them into 35 6-point stars on a white background. Each star needs 9 of
them (6 points, 3 for the center alternating with 3 plain white). It's
turning into a huge quilt, even though I promised myself I would never
make another really big one. Sigh. they just don't listen!
Roberta in D

Old March 18th 13, 01:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Marcella Peek

In article ,
Flossy wrote:

Having been out of the loop for so long I just wondered what you were all
working on at the moment ?

I'm finishing up the quilting on a quilt that I hope to have in the
Desert Quilters Show next month.

Even though I live in California, I'm a member of that Las Vegas area
guild because my mom and sister live there and are members. I get out
there to visit often enough that I can participate in some things.

And...one of our wonderful quilters on this list who lives in that area
is the "featured artist" for that show. She's much too well mannered to
brag, so I'll do it for her :-)

marcella

Old March 18th 13, 04:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Susan Laity Price

Life has been more hectic than usual so sewing has taken a back seat.
In preparation for placing our house on the market two of the
bathrooms are being remodeled. The townhouse we have bought has
received hardwood floors and new paint. These jobs all must be
supervised. But a quilt show at the local historical society has
really taken most of my time.

The historical society owns two adjacent buildings. One is a restored
stage coach inn built in 1843. Any quilts hung in that building had to
be pre-1860. The adjacent office building has a large meeting/activity
room which had a display of 1920's and 30's quilts plus newer quilts.
I was in charge of the two antique displays. I really put my heart and
soul into this event because there are so few times antique quilts are
showcased. The display turned out well and attendance was up from
other activities held at the history center. In fact it was so
successful they plan to hold a similar show in two years.

Now that the show is over and most of the remodeling is finished I
must find my studio again. Somehow a lot of clutter has piled on the
sewing table and ironing board. I am almost finished making the blocks
from a new book by Rosemary Youngs, "Quilts from the American
Homefront". The quilt is promised to the local quilt shop as a sample.
This is the second quilt I have made from one of Rosemary's books. The
blocks are mostly foundation pieced.

By April 1st I need to start taking some of my stash and quilting
stuff to the storage space. The realtor doesn't mind that my studio is
shown as a work space but wants some of the clutter removed. The
townhouse has a large room on the lower level with big windows on two
sides which will be great for my studio but it lacks the storage I
have in my current home. My son and daughter-in-law have agree I can
use the space on the second floor of their garage for storage as they
aren't using it. One reason for moving is to be only a ten minute
drive from their house and the grandchildren. Currently we are an hour
drive away in good traffic.

Susan

Old March 18th 13, 05:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Julia in MN[_5_]

On 3/18/2013 2:33 AM, Flossy wrote:
Having been out of the loop for so long I just wondered what you were all working on at the moment ?

Nothing at the moment, except for knitting. I'm almost done with the 4th
pair of "grandkid" socks since Christmas. My sewing room needs some
serious decluttering before I can really get back to sewing. Then I have
some tops to be quilted. I want to do at least one before I start
something new -- perhaps a quilt for the 3 year old grandson's "big boy"
bed.

Julia in MN

--
-----------
http://webpages.charter.net/jaccola/default.html

Old March 18th 13, 06:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sally Swindells[_3_]

Baby quilt for friends second grandchild. Made one for the first which
the parents framed. Very flattering but it was meant to be used and was
definitely not of heirloom quality! This one is 'frame unfriendly' and
has a fleece backing!!

Also 3/4 way through a blackwork sort of big pincushion as part of my WI
groups 'Tudor crafts' entry for the County show. The other two crafts
people have chosen to do are a Pomander (so far her efforts have gone
mouldy!) and woodturning. The lady doing the wood turning had never done
it before and so far nothing has appeared. Oh dear! I did some felt
making a hundred years ago and have fished out the instructions and some
wool 'just in case'! Fortunately I do not have the worry of being Group
Leader!!

Then there are the ufo's......... more than one!!

No one can say life is boring!

Sally at the Seaside ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~uk
http://picasaweb.google.com/SallySeaside

Old March 18th 13, 11:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jo Gibson[_3_]

On 18/03/2013 07:33, Flossy wrote:
Having been out of the loop for so long I just wondered what you were all working on at the moment ?

I worked on a Maisy Mouse quilt today - attached one of the long
borders. This quilt will be single bed sized when finished. I also
worked on a cot-sized quilt with appliqued teddies and moons..... today
I was attaching sashing to that one. Fairly productive while the wee
one was at preschool!

-- Jo in Scotland
Old March 19th 13, 02:59 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Mary in Rock Island IL[_2_]

wrote:

Having been out of the loop for so long I just wondered what you were all working on at the moment ?

I am just back from retreat (!). Now I am up to date on my Carol Doak
Mystery BOM. The next step is to make them into a quilt. While I
was at retreat, the solution was posted. It may or may not be my
solution but I appreicate a starting point/suggestion.

Also, I worked on a quilt for a young girl in need of some healing.

Pictures of the Carol Doak blocks are here :
http://www.flickr.com/photos/illini81/

The other quilt will be posted once I have given it to the recipient.

Mary
Old March 19th 13, 12:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Lizzy Taylor

On 18/03/2013 07:33, Flossy wrote:
Having been out of the loop for so long I just wondered what you were all working on at the moment ?

Quilting is about to take a back seat for me for the next few months as
DH has just been offered a job in State College PA with a start date
this autumn (subject to work permit & visa approval)! So I am going to
be decluttering the house (not the stash :-) )and preparing to pack up
and move across the pond.

However I do have a hand quilting project on the go having just had a 3
day workishop on North Country Quilting with Lilian Hedley. I am making
a strippy QAYG quilt, final size yet to be determined - could be single,
double or king depending on when I want to stop.

Lizzy

--
http://lizzyastro.etsy.com
http://www.instructables.com/member/lizzyastro/