Princess Diana Sweater Patternsn

Old July 26th 09, 11:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Murielle

Default Princess Diana Sweater Patternsn

Hi!

Ages ago I offered to email these patterns to anyone who wanted them,
unfortunately there was a problem with one of the pages and then my scanner
broke down.

The good news is that my scanner is finally fixed, I've re-scanned the seven
pages of patterns and saved them as jpegs. So, if anyone is still
interested email me at

a-m-l-s at s-h-a-w dot c-a

Murielle

Old July 27th 09, 12:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
mirjam

Murielle
I am not sure it is legal to share such patterns ,,,
mirjam
Old July 27th 09, 10:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Murielle

"mirjam" wrote in message

Murielle
I am not sure it is legal to share such patterns ,,,
mirjam

I don't know. I've never checked. I'm not selling them, I'm only passing
on copies of pages from the original magazine (which I no longer have).

I expect there would be a cease and desist request first, and if it came, I
would certainly stop.

Thanks, though, for pointing that out to me.
Murielle

Old July 28th 09, 01:15 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
suzee

Murielle wrote:
"mirjam" wrote in message
Murielle
I am not sure it is legal to share such patterns ,,,
mirjam

I don't know. I've never checked. I'm not selling them, I'm only passing
on copies of pages from the original magazine (which I no longer have).

I expect there would be a cease and desist request first, and if it came, I
would certainly stop.

Thanks, though, for pointing that out to me.
Murielle

It's generally agreed that's a copyright violation, though. But if you
did it a bit more quietly than in a newsgroup.....
Old July 28th 09, 04:59 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Samatha Hill -- take out TRASH to reply[_2_]

Murielle wrote:

I don't know. I've never checked. I'm not selling them, I'm only passing
on copies of pages from the original magazine (which I no longer have).

I expect there would be a cease and desist request first, and if it came, I
would certainly stop.

Generally, copyright law makes no differentiation between commercial
products given away and those sold, as in either case the intellectual
property owner is deprived of a possible sale if the person had
purchased the item rather than gotten a pirated copy.

And it is illegal whether you get a cease and desist request or not, if
that matters to you, but given what you said, maybe it doesn't matter.
Old July 28th 09, 07:34 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Murielle

Hi Mirjam,

Thanks for the heads up. I will no longer send the patterns out to anyone.
I apologize to you if I seemed a liittle snippy, but I've honestly had no
idea it was illegal.

Thanks again for the caution.

Murielle

Old July 28th 09, 07:36 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Murielle

"suzee" wrote in message
Murielle wrote:
"mirjam" wrote in message
Murielle
I am not sure it is legal to share such patterns ,,,
mirjam

I don't know. I've never checked. I'm not selling them, I'm only
passing on copies of pages from the original magazine (which I no longer
have).

I expect there would be a cease and desist request first, and if it came,
I would certainly stop.

Thanks, though, for pointing that out to me.
Murielle

It's generally agreed that's a copyright violation, though. But if you did
it a bit more quietly than in a newsgroup.....

You know, I keep forgetting that the people on newsgroups are not my
friends. That is just seriously silly of me. It never occurred to me that
I was doing more than sharing something with friends. But you've taught me
a very important lesson.

Thank you,
Murielle

Old July 28th 09, 12:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
mirjam

..
Murielle
i had no intention of upsetting you , just save you from something
that could become uneasy.
I always feel free to share MY OWN MADE patterns , but never other`s

No harm done ,,,
mirjam

Old July 28th 09, 12:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
mirjam

On Jul 28, 9:36*am, "Murielle" wrote:
"suzee" wrote in message

Murielle wrote:
"mirjam" wrote in message
[...]

Murielle- Hide quoted text -

In this Case Murielle we all behaved like friends , we saw a `possible
accident `, and warned you not to fall into it ::::
Cheer up ,,,,
mirjam
Old July 28th 09, 12:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Murielle wrote:

Thanks for the heads up. I will no longer send the patterns out to anyone.
I apologize to you if I seemed a liittle snippy, but I've honestly had no
idea it was illegal.

Honestly, a lot of people don't, which is why some of us try to
(hopefully politely) inform others.

A lot of cross-stich designers have stopped selling designs because
people pirate their patterns so much that they don't make anything.

Here are some links you can read:

http://www.craftdesigns4you.com/stop.htm
http://community.livejournal.com/crochet/2582443.html
http://community.livejournal.com/crochet/2582443.html

I spent four years fighting a web site owner (who espoused a philosophy
of my profession that I wholeheartedly did not agree with) from copying
what I wrote on public forums and putting it on her web site in a way
that made it appear that I was "on her side" as far as the philosophy
that I did not agree with, so it's not always about the money, although
reportedly she was making a lot of money from her web site at the time.
She had no right to do what she did, and I eventually got her to stop.
This is why I feel so strongly about copyright law. In my case it
wasn't about money; it was an ideological thing.

Princess Diana Sweaters Murielle Yarn 6 August 23rd 09 07:22 PM
China cashmere sweater, merino sweater, etc. manufacturer andexporter Sweater manufacturer Yarn 0 January 29th 08 10:21 AM
China cashmere sweater, merino sweater, etc. manufacturer andexporter Sweater manufacturer Yarn 0 January 8th 08 07:39 AM
Diana C ~KK~ in B.C. Quilting 1 June 16th 04 08:55 PM
OT Diana in hospital Shirley Shone Beads 16 August 4th 03 04:42 PM