OT a puzzle

Old December 6th 13, 09:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
NightMist

Default OT a puzzle

Ash's teachers asked us to send in pictures of everyone who lives in the
house along with what Ash should call us. New teachers do this every
time.
Then the teacher called us to let us know how it went.

Now the puzzle part.

Under his sister Gabrielle's picture, Ash wrote Girl. OK makes sense.
Under my picture and kiri's picture he wrote Glass. Well we both wear
glasses, but so does everybody else.
Under his father's picture, he wrote Shawn. Uh....?!

His father's name is Daniel, at home he says the word Daddy. We don't
know anybody named Shawn. I can't even think of anybody in his videos
named Shawn.

Wow are we puzzled.

NightMist
Old December 6th 13, 10:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bobbie Sews More

"NightMist" wrote in message ...

Ash's teachers asked us to send in pictures of everyone who lives in the
house along with what Ash should call us. New teachers do this every
time.
Then the teacher called us to let us know how it went.

Now the puzzle part.

Under his sister Gabrielle's picture, Ash wrote Girl. OK makes sense.
Under my picture and kiri's picture he wrote Glass. Well we both wear
glasses, but so does everybody else.
Under his father's picture, he wrote Shawn. Uh....?!

Well, at least he wrote an answer! Good for him!
Barbara in Florida

Old December 8th 13, 04:37 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

A dear long-gone friend of mine had 3 three daughters. One had glorious red
hair. There was nobody on either side of the family in any direction or
memorable past that was red-haired. When she was asked where her daughter
got the red hair, Linda simply said, "the Minister of Music". Her look made
it clear that no comment or reply was acceptable. Do you suppose the
Minister of Music is named "Shawn"?

Old December 9th 13, 05:00 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Hanne in DK

Den 06-12-2013 22:53, NightMist skrev:

Ash's teachers asked us to send in pictures of everyone who lives in the
house along with what Ash should call us. New teachers do this every
time.
Then the teacher called us to let us know how it went.

Now the puzzle part.

Under his sister Gabrielle's picture, Ash wrote Girl. OK makes sense.
Under my picture and kiri's picture he wrote Glass. Well we both wear
glasses, but so does everybody else.
Under his father's picture, he wrote Shawn. Uh....?!

His father's name is Daniel, at home he says the word Daddy. We don't
know anybody named Shawn. I can't even think of anybody in his videos
named Shawn.

Wow are we puzzled.

NightMist

When Ash was asked to write the names, was he told that it had to be real?

A friend of mine's kiddo was struggling a bit in school (kindergarten,
really). Turned out it was mainly because he never understood that the
teacher meant from him to do xxx _now_ (like "colour in the picture"
should happen now, not at home, or tomorrow or after lunch).

So just wondering if you all agreed on the specifics.

Hey, and good job for spelling Shawn without knowing anyone named Shawn :-)

Hanne in DK
Old December 9th 13, 03:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

OHhhhh, Hanne. You bring up such a challenging memory of our youngest. She
didn't, at 5 years, see the sense in beginning something that could not be
finished. Just didn't. When her poor dear 1st grade teacher needed her to do
'timed' tests, there simply was No Way our little one was going to bother.

"Hanne in DK" wrote in message
[...]

:-)

Hanne in DK

Old December 12th 13, 10:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Julia in MN[_5_]

On 12/8/2013 11:00 PM, Hanne in DK wrote:
[...]

Sounds like my three year old grandson. The preschool teacher told his
parents that he was misbehaving -- not quiet during reading time, etc.
DD had a talk with him & he was a changed boy -- no one had told him the
right way to behave.

Julia in MN

--
http://webpages.charter.net/jaccola/default.html

OT another puzzle Dee in Oz Quilting 54 May 23rd 07 07:07 AM
OT -- new puzzle... Kate G. Quilting 2 December 27th 05 12:57 AM
OT but hey its a puzzle like quilting can be a puzzle. nzlstar* Quilting 85 November 28th 05 11:45 AM
Spoilers OT but hey its a puzzle like quilting can be a puzzle. D Curtis Quilting 0 November 23rd 05 01:43 PM
It's a puzzle DDM Quilting 1 February 27th 05 12:22 AM