OT wedding shower ideas

Old February 25th 13, 03:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

Default OT wedding shower ideas

Anyone have a neato idea for a wedding shower gift? 42 yo never been
married but doesn't need anything really 'housey'. Don't particularly want
to buy lingerie. Any good suggestions?
TIA, Taria
Old February 25th 13, 03:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
amy in SoCal

How about a day at a spa! Massage, facial, etc. I know that would help with the wedding jitters if there are any!
Old February 25th 13, 05:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

that is good but she is a massage therapist, in addition to being a teacher
so she probably has that
covered. thanks though.

Old February 25th 13, 05:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

Voucher for a pre-wedding massage and/or manicure/ spa day.
Roberta in D

Old February 25th 13, 06:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
NightMist

On Mon, 25 Feb 2013 07:06:04 -0800, Taria wrote:

Anyone have a neato idea for a wedding shower gift? 42 yo never been
married but doesn't need anything really 'housey'. Don't particularly
want to buy lingerie. Any good suggestions? TIA, Taria

Yeah she will probably get a ton of lingerie, so unless you wanted to go
the fur lined handcuff route best to avoid it.

Do they have separate interests that they plan to be doing together? or
that will require inspiration?
If he is keen on white water rafting, she might want her very own life
vest. If he is a plein air painter she might like a lawn chair, a
parasol, and a good book, or a pair of binoculars for bird watching. If
he is a keen gardener, she might be looking for a book on 1001 things to
do with zucchini. etc.etc.

If they have been living together for a while, theater tickets and a gift
certificate to a nice non-franchise restaurant, or a gift cerificate for
BBQ and admission to the local hog calling contest, depending on their
tastes.

If you are up against it and the handcuffs are right out, get her a pony.
"My Little" works as long as it is presented with a smile and an
appropriate goody or beverage. Though collectible might be more the
thing.

NightMist

--
I'm raising a developmentally disabled child. What's your superpower?
Old February 26th 13, 12:57 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

They are both teachers. Her grade school and him HS. I don't know a
lot about him excepting that my sis has never looked happier in all
her 42 years and he is the reason! They don't live together but will be
living in her loft/condo. They have a carpet cleaner on their registry. I
am not
buying anyone a carpet cleaner for any occasion and I am pretty darned
practical. ; )
Taria

Old February 26th 13, 01:10 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Alice in PA[_3_]

My daughter-in-law received some beautiful, large houseplants in gorgeous
planters. Also, someone gave her a picnic basket full of picnic
goodies...blanket included. I can't remember what else was "new and
different".

--
Alice in PA
http://community.webshots.com/user/twosonsatpsu

Old February 26th 13, 03:04 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Embroider the bride and groom's names and the wedding date on a fine
tablecloth. They can use it for the wedding at one table or another. It
will be cherished - or at least it will help the groom remember the
anniversary date. Polly

Old February 26th 13, 03:12 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

I dunno know about that, Taria. I was over the moon when I bought my carpet shampooer and still love, love, love it 6 years later. And this house has no carpet! But I won't give it up since it also cleans upholstery and does a great job on my vinyl floors even tho it's not for that purpose. The brushes and extraction clean the vinyl very well.

I would have been thrilled to get one for a b-day or Christmas or any other gift receiving occasion!

Leslie and The Messy Furbabies in MO.

Old February 26th 13, 04:06 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

I have a carpet cleaner. It is wonderful but since you love them so I think
you should bring yours over and try it out here
for some fun! You are welcome anytime and it is going to be almost 60 here
tomorrow.
Dogs here are bringing a lot of dry dead grass from the yard. At least that
vacuums easily.

Pooch GInger headed to vet in the a.m. for cysts. She has one in between
the pads of her foot. : (
Hope the good doc can help her. Keep your fingers crossed for her please?
Taria