Operating machinery

Old February 8th 13, 05:52 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Dee in Oz[_5_]

Default Operating machinery

Not yet Brian.

No one has asked how the sewing machine is yet ???

Dee in Oz

"Brian" wrote in message
On Wed, 06 Feb 2013 20:15:50 -0600, Polly Esther wrote:

You know those instructions you get with a prescription or after being
released from the hospital when they caution about NOT operating
machinery? Well. I don't have either of those excuses but I managed to
machine stitch through my finger today. Nothing sews like a Bernina.
This includes fingers. I was doing some thread painting and FM, had to
reach to hold down an appliquéd edge and POW ! I am expected to live
but have learned my lesson, at least for a while. Y'all be careful, you
hear? Polly

I think that everyone that owns/operates a sewing machine has done that,
even if they don't admit it.

Brian Christiansen

Old February 8th 13, 03:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Marcella Peek

In article ,
Brian wrote:

On Wed, 06 Feb 2013 20:15:50 -0600, Polly Esther wrote:

You know those instructions you get with a prescription or after being
released from the hospital when they caution about NOT operating
machinery? Well. I don't have either of those excuses but I managed to
machine stitch through my finger today. Nothing sews like a Bernina.
This includes fingers. I was doing some thread painting and FM, had to
reach to hold down an appliquéd edge and POW ! I am expected to live
but have learned my lesson, at least for a while. Y'all be careful, you
hear? Polly

I think that everyone that owns/operates a sewing machine has done that,
even if they don't admit it.

Brian Christiansen

Or twice

ahem
marcella
Old February 8th 13, 03:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

my daughter likes to use the term 'over achiever' Marcella. lol
So glad Polly has survived! That hurts.
Taria

Old February 8th 13, 04:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Allison

On 06/02/2013 9:15 PM, Polly Esther wrote:
You know those instructions you get with a prescription or after being
released from the hospital when they caution about NOT operating
machinery? Well. I don't have either of those excuses but I managed to
machine stitch through my finger today. Nothing sews like a Bernina.
This includes fingers. I was doing some thread painting and FM, had to
reach to hold down an appliquéd edge and POW ! I am expected to live
but have learned my lesson, at least for a while. Y'all be careful, you
hear? Polly

Ouch!! Hope you're feeling better by now. I can empathize because I
did that many years ago when I was first learning to sew....one of those
lessons you hope that you only have to learn once!
Take care,
Allison
Old February 8th 13, 05:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Ramona Walker

Ouch!! So glad you recovered from your incident and the machine
survived as well.

My one on one with my sewing machine didn't draw blood, but somehow I
managed to get my rather long fingernail "caught" in the mechanism
above the needle and it twisted my finger up and ripped the nail. I
had gel tips on so they were tough enough it didn't rip the nail back
into the nailbed, thankfully. I was rushing to finish a Christmas
gift and trying to "poke" some fuzz away from the needle - silly me!
Moni
Old February 11th 13, 03:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
amy in SoCal

Yee-Gads!!! Glad to hear your finger is ok and not throbbing! Please be careful, we wouldn't want the gators smelling blood!

I remember home-ec. The teacher was a spinster and just as gentle and gentile as could be. She not only taught us sewing and cooking, but how to balance a checkbood and find bargains in the grocery store. She had a great sense of humor and was as sharp as a tack.
Too bad the schools have done away with this course. So many of our young people need it.

just my 2cents....