Intro and newbie question

Old September 19th 04, 02:21 PM
Barbara Forbes-Lyons

As another person with an 'odd' website addy, I was just wondering the
reason why you spell "Belisama" the way that you do, instead of the standard
"bellissima".

beautiful front page, btw.

Barbara
Penguintrax.com

Old September 19th 04, 05:51 PM
*~Candygrrl~*

Thanks for the compliments! It's been a labor (not so much of love,
LOL!) and I'm glad its almost done.

You know, that logo/header thing is an interesting story. When I
hired the graphic designer to do my site, I just gave her a general
idea of what I wanted and showed her my business card logo. She came
back with that image having never seen me in person or even a photo.
It looks so much like me that my own sister thought it ~was~ me! It's
really uncanny... But it isn't, she just modified a stock photo. She
says that happens all the time with custom work. She ends up making
images that strongly resemble the person she is doing the work for
(obviously, if they are female)though she's never seen them! Pretty
cool, huh?

"bluemaxx" wrote in message ...
Welcome, Candace. Your website has a great setup and loaded
fast... and I especially like the flaming colors! Your gallery-test
pages are cool, too - your lampwork sets use diverse colors and I
especially like the orangey-amber set on page 1 and the gray, black &
white on page 2... .

And is that a picture of you in the ... err... header at the tope of the
page... or whatever it's called?
--
Linda

"*~Candygrrl~*" wrote in message
om...
: Sure! My website is www.belisamadesigns.com and though I'm still
: working on my gallery, you can see the test page here -
: http://belisamadesigns.com/gallery-test.php
:
: Technically there isn't anything for sale there yet, so I don't think
: this is an ad... If I'm wrong about that, someone just let me know
:
:
:
: "roxan" wrote in message
: Welcome Candace, please post your web site so we can see your work.
: Roxan

---

Old September 20th 04, 04:59 PM
*~Candygrrl~*

Ahh, because it isn't bellissima as in Italian for beautiful, its
Belisama as in the Celtic/Gaul goddess of light and fire, the forge,
and the arts. A great patron for lampworking, eh? Somewhere on my
website I have an explanation of my business name, the about me page,
I think?

Belisama is pronounced bell-eh-sah-mah, so I never even thought people
might think it was a variation on bellissima. I have had people
prounounce it like bellissima a few times, though!

Thanks for the compliment :-D

Candace

Old September 21st 04, 07:43 AM
Kalera Stratton

Hi Candace! Welcome!

-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
http://www.snipurl.com/kebay

*~Candygrrl~* wrote:
Hello everyone!

I'm new to the group and thought I should post the obligatory intro

My name is Candace and I live in Pelham, a suburb slightly south of
Birmingham, AL. I'm a lampworker and I obsessively collect beads of
all types. I've been melting glass since 1997 and collecting beads
since I was 3 and swallowed 10 at once. Mom had to clarify the
definition of "collecting" to me. Seemed like a good idea at the
time...

Let's see, I'm a recovering office worker and recent full time glass
artist, yay! I found out about this group from Kandice's webpage
*waves at Kandice* and some of you may know me from various other
online boards. I'm Candace or candygrrl at most of those. I lurk more
than I post generally, but hopefully I can change that here I
think that covers all the intro stuff, now for my newbie question.

Can someone clarify the rules for the usenet group? For example when
are you supposed to put things like AD or the like in the subject
line? I tried to find out on my own, but wasn't too successful. I've
never participated in a usenet group.

Thanks! I'm looking forward to participating here

Candace

Old September 21st 04, 06:04 PM
Barbara Forbes-Lyons

Oh - that's way cool. I"m not particulary 'up' on Celtic mythology, so thank
you for the lesson!

"*~Candygrrl~*" wrote in message
om...
[...]

Do a favor for a newbie? Lisa D. Beads 10 June 30th 04 05:22 AM
Got my first 2 Tink beads and intro LH Beads 16 April 24th 04 08:46 PM
Newbie... Bead Sprite Beads 19 August 3rd 03 09:28 PM
Newbie Intro angela Beads 28 July 31st 03 05:59 PM