OT home buyers insurance policy?

Old August 29th 03, 10:40 AM
Kate Dicey

The HairyFacedOnes 'N Me wrote:

Ha! My insurance company is rotten-er than yours! I have 5 large oak
trees- 70 to 80 ft. tall that are all 5 dead and very close to my house.
I got a bid of $300 to take them down and haul off the wood- I can
afford that. My homeowner's insurance company says DO NOT hire that
man! He does not have business liability insurance! I can't find
anyone else to take the trees out who has insurance- the reason? The
insurance premiums are too high for what they can earn taking out dead
trees! BUT- my insurance company will wait until the trees fall ON my
house, pay thousands to repair the damage to my house and hire these
SAME uninsured guys to take the downed trees *off* my house!!! Now, how
much sense does THAT make??? I'd think they'd jump for joy that I'd be
willing to pay the $300 and have the trees taken care of at this point
and save them tens of thousands in repairs at some future date, but
nooooOOOOOooooo.....

Leslie, The Frustrated and hoping the trees don't fall on her bedroom
in the middle of the night!!!

The HairyFacedOnes 'N Me- My dogs aren't my whole life... they make my
life whole.

RCTQ- Houston 2004..... A good friend will come and bail you out of
jail.... but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...
that was fun!"

That is truly insane in some respects, BUT...

If the people without the insurance did take the trees out and one fell
on the house, you would NOT be covered. Once the tree has fallen there
by accident, unhelped by human hand, you ARE covered for repair, but
they no longer have to worry about damage to the house, so the cheapest
firm who will get rid of it for you is their best option!

The argument behind this is that if you go ahead and get the chap to
remove the trees, and the house is damaged, you COULD sue the tree
remover for the wherewithal to fix the house and cover you accommodation
while it's fixed, plus all your belongings that are lost or damaged as a
result of the tree falling. However, this would in all probability
bankrupt the tree man, and you'd end up with nothing anyway.

HOWEVER, the insurance company should be able to find someone to remove
the trees to protect the property and ensure your safety, as this would
be cheaper than paying out on a claim!

Good luck!
--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk

Old August 29th 03, 07:29 PM
The HairyFacedOnes 'N Me

If the people without the insurance did take the trees out and one
fell on the house, you would NOT be covered.

The guy who removes the trees takes them down in small chunks with a
"cherry picker" type truck, so even if a chunk went wild, they really
couldn't do *too* much damage to the house- not like the whole 80 ft.
tall tree could! Also the trees range about 15 to 40 ft. from the
house, so a chunk would REALLY have to travel, where the whole tree
could reach the distance easily.

Leslie

Old August 29th 03, 07:58 PM
taria

I think the biggest concern is the workers getting
hurt. Lawsuits are huge for that kind of thing.
Taria

[...]

Please visit my web page at:
http://home1.gte.net/res0yk6g/taria/index.htm

See my Siberian Cat, Lilly, at:
http://home1.gte.net/res0yk6g/lillypage/lillycat.htm
Old August 30th 03, 03:52 PM
~Spidey

I suppose the problem is, what if a tree falls on your house when he's
cutting them down. You wouldn't be covered, therefore it would cost
"you" thousands of dollars and not the insurance.

Can your insurance company refer somene to you perhaps?

On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 19:00:28 -0500 (CDT), (The
HairyFacedOnes 'N Me) wrote:

[...]

what's the deal with home insurance???/ Zander Pottery 6 June 2nd 13 09:09 PM
Insurance and Cheap docs rainbow Beads 2 February 6th 04 08:46 PM
insurance for consignment Joe General Crafting 0 January 3rd 04 04:42 AM