Preserving Leaves

Old November 3rd 07, 05:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.misc
ktty

Default Preserving Leaves

I know I'm a bit late for the falling leaves season, but does anyone
out there have an idea on how to preserve something made from Maple
leaves or other plant stuff?

I've been making Roses out of leaves (I just love the burgundys and
golds) and then spraying them with a soft, clear coat....

I wonder if there is something I could put on the leaves before i
begin to fold them that wouldn't be toxic or damaging to my hands, or
if there is a specific product that can coat the outside well enough
to keep them from curling after I apply it.

I'd post a photo, but I haven't seen just how-to on that yet.

ps: anyone who wants to know how to do it, reply off list, and I'll
send you the link!

(-_-)

Old November 4th 07, 03:36 AM posted to rec.crafts.misc
Marie B

I love doing things with the pretty fall leaves ---I would like to see
the site for making the roses ----I have coated the leaves with modge
podge on both sides before they dry out and it makes them stiff and
kinda of rubbery ----
-----marie

Old November 5th 07, 02:57 AM posted to rec.crafts.misc
ktty

I like the ide of using mod podge or another acryllic, but won't it
get all yucky on my hands when I am handling them?

here's the link to making the roses, maybe I should stick to spraying
them when finished.
( I have to use a glove, or I end up 'freezing' my fingers in place,
ha ha!)

http://haha.nu/creative/how-to-make-...-maple-leaves/

Preserving antique yarnwork. CindyLV Yarn 3 November 28th 06 12:19 AM
Preserving paperclay? Bubbles Pottery 4 November 22nd 05 10:56 PM
Preserving fresh vegetable matter? David Prokopetz General Crafting 1 September 17th 04 10:32 PM
Tessalations of leaves, maple leaves, any tree is fine, really QuiltShopHopper Quilting 21 September 30th 03 04:52 AM