where is it going??

Old December 3rd 09, 04:49 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Sterling[_4_]

Default where is it going??

where is the NG going? are they planning to delete it??

Sterling
Old December 4th 09, 08:09 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Maren at google

On Dec 2, 5:49*pm, "Sterling" wrote:
where is the NG going? *are they planning to delete it??

Sterling

What? I hope not!

Maren
Old December 4th 09, 05:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Marilee M

Do you have an owner of the ng? I thought the postings would just
slowly drop off the board and then it would just say "No postings in
this group"!! Sorry if I jumped the gun!!!! Anyone going to Quartzsite
this Jan.?
Marilee

Old December 4th 09, 07:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Gina Bull

The newsgroup isn't going away. But the newsgroup members are slowly going
elsewhere, and it is the regular members who define the content of the
newsgroup. Without them, all that is left is spam and the occasional novice
who drops in just long enough to decide whether it is worth their time to
check in on a regular basis. This particular newsgroup used to be a lot
more active, but has been slowly shrinking. I know I seem to just lurk now.

Gina in Virginia
http://www.webshots.com/user/ginainva

Old December 5th 09, 02:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Cheryl Isaak

I'm a lurker here - don't have much to offer the newbies, as I'm mostly a
stringer or embellishing stitched pieces. (not that I've done much lately
of either - just too busy, too tired or both)

I'm sorry to see the newsgroup/usenet experience fade away. I think it was a
truly open enriching experience for all who used it. I've made some very
special friends along the way.

Cheryl

Old December 6th 09, 04:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Maren at google

On Dec 5, 3:51*am, Cheryl Isaak wrote:

I'm sorry to see the newsgroup/usenet experience fade away. I think it was a
truly open enriching experience for all who used it. I've made some very
special friends along the way.

Same here. Some have since dropped off usenet altogether. (Hi Kalera!)

I sometimes still make new stuff, meaning completely new to me, not
necessarily new new, but different, but mostly when I make things
they're 'same old'. I got over my fear of crimping (or rather failing
at that) thanks to somebody here, and I think I'll do some wire
wrapping again too.

Got a fair to go to, local high school and just found out yesterday
that the only access for a hand truck is way in the back, so I'll try
to get there early - and got to go.

Aloha,
Maren
HiloBeads: Beads - Beading Supplies - Hand-made Jewelry
Website: http://www.hilobeads.com/
Etsy: http://hilobeads.etsy.com/ -- Job's Tears for the AGLF
Blog: http://hilobeads.blogspot.com/
Old December 9th 09, 07:06 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Kandice Seeber[_2_]

It's sad.....but with Facebook and other places like that out there,
newsgroups just fade into the background for me. Also, Comcast got
rid of newsgroup access, so I have to view it through Google, which
kind of sucks.
I will always love it here though, when I have chance to hang out.

Kandice

Old December 9th 09, 07:33 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Shirley Shone

In message
,
Kandice Seeber writes
It's sad.....but with Facebook and other places like that out there,
newsgroups just fade into the background for me. Also, Comcast got
rid of newsgroup access, so I have to view it through Google, which
kind of sucks.
I will always love it here though, when I have chance to hang out.

Kandice

Nice to see you pop in Kandice.
Let me take this chance of wishing you all the best for Christmas and
the New year.
Hugs
Shirley
--
Shirley Shone

http://www.allcrafts.org.uk
Old December 9th 09, 11:42 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Maren at google

On Dec 8, 8:06*pm, Kandice Seeber wrote:
It's sad.....but with Facebook and other places like that out there,
newsgroups just fade into the background for me. *Also, Comcast got
rid of newsgroup access, so I have to view it through Google, which
kind of sucks.
I will always love it here though, when I have *chance to hang out.

Kandice

Kandice,

thanks for popping in. I've done newsgroups via Google for 5 years or
so since hawaii.edu stopped maintaining their newsserver. I'm unable
to post to several of the moderated newsgroups directly, but as I know
the moderators and they know me, even that is possible when I really
want to (this does not include misc.taxes.moderated the last time I
tried, or rec.crafts.jewelry)

Glad you haven't forgotten rec.crafts.beads exists, or how to get
here

Old December 9th 09, 11:44 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Maren at google

On Dec 8, 8:33*pm, Shirley Shone

Nice to see you pop in Kandice.
Let me take this chance of wishing you all the best for Christmas and
the New year.
Hugs
Shirley

Shirley, a good Christmas and a happy and healthy New Year to you (and
everybody else reading this) too.