I've been treasuried!

Old July 15th 09, 10:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Dwyn

Default I've been treasuried!

Woohoo - I've been treasuried!

http://www.etsy.com/treasury_list.php?room_id=70598

If you aren't a regular visitor to etsy - a treasury is a collection
of someone's favourite items - sort of a "these are a few of my
favorite things..." humming the song from sound of music

It's fairly time consuming to put one together and even harder to snag
a spot - I feel so honored!

Old July 15th 09, 11:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Shirley Shone

In message
,
Dwyn writes
Woohoo - I've been treasuried!

http://www.etsy.com/treasury_list.php?room_id=70598

If you aren't a regular visitor to etsy - a treasury is a collection
of someone's favourite items - sort of a "these are a few of my
favorite things..." humming the song from sound of music

It's fairly time consuming to put one together and even harder to snag
a spot - I feel so honored!

Yippee!!!.
I love the earth below us necklace.

Alas it would cost me a whole weeks retirement pension.
Hugs
Shirley
--
Shirley Shone

http://www.allcrafts.org.uk
Old July 16th 09, 02:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Dwyn

On Jul 15, 6:20*pm, Shirley Shone
wrote:
In message
,
Dwyn writesWoohoo - I've been treasuried!

http://www.etsy.com/treasury_list.php?room_id=70598

If you aren't a regular visitor to etsy - a treasury is a collection
of someone's favourite items - sort of a "these are a few of my
favorite things..." humming the song from sound of music

It's fairly time consuming to put one together and even harder to snag
a spot - I feel so honored!

Yippee!!!.
I love the earth below us necklace.

Alas it would cost me a whole weeks retirement pension.
Hugs
Shirley
--
Shirley Shone

It's been said that I have never designed an inexpensive piece of
jewelry - and it may well be true. ;-)
Old July 16th 09, 05:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Heather[_3_]

"Dwyn" wrote in message
On Jul 15, 6:20 pm, Shirley Shone
wrote:
In message
,
Dwyn writesWoohoo - I've been treasuried!

http://www.etsy.com/treasury_list.php?room_id=70598

If you aren't a regular visitor to etsy - a treasury is a collection
of someone's favourite items - sort of a "these are a few of my
favorite things..." humming the song from sound of music

It's fairly time consuming to put one together and even harder to snag
a spot - I feel so honored!

Yippee!!!.
I love the earth below us necklace.

Alas it would cost me a whole weeks retirement pension.
Hugs
Shirley
--
Shirley Shone

It's been said that I have never designed an inexpensive piece of
jewelry - and it may well be true. ;-)

OH BOY, that is so true!! 8-)) Mind you, I love those Wave signature beads
of yours and they are not expensive.

Elayne and I also love the Earth Below Us necklace the best. With a couple
of others coming in a close second.

Heather

Old July 17th 09, 03:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Dwyn

On Jul 16, 12:58*pm, "Heather" wrote:
"Dwyn" wrote in message

On Jul 15, 6:20 pm, Shirley Shone

wrote:
In message
,
[...]

Thank you! I think I'm under-charging on the wave beads - but I
appreciate that designers that want to use them and resell the
finished pieces need some room to be able to mark them up!

When it comes to pricing the lampwork beads - the formula is something
like this

time + premium for uber expensive glass + degree of difficulty +
uniqueness or artist's reputation

The first factor - time - is the most expensive, in a piece,
generally.

So if you see, say, simple lampwork spacers - regular size - they tend
to run about $1.00 each, and you can generally make 5 of them in 5
minutes.If it takes you 10 minutes to make them - you can try charging
$2.00 each, but you aren't likely to get it. No matter how famous you
are! ;-) If you make them out of dichroic glass - which is about
$20 / ounce, vs regular glass - which is about $14 / pound - you can
charge more.

Dichroic glass is harder to work and have it come out pretty - so
there should also be a premium for the increased difficulty - although
that's harder to get at the spacer bead level, really.

Of course, that 5 minutes doesn't include annealing, cleaning,
photographing, listing for sale, or the 5 years it took you to get the
skills to make 5 beads consistent in size, or the $3,000 you spent on
equipment to do it. ;-)

There you go - the pricing secret!