6x6

Old November 6th 05, 02:22 AM
The Jonathan Lady

Default OT: Hawaiian islands was 6x6

"JCT" wrote in message
oups.com...

Which two islands have you visited?

I've been to Waikiki 3 times (the first was 45 years ago) and once to Kauai.
The latter was my favorite Hawaiian experience because of what transpired
after I got there. I met my sister, brother and their spouses there with
plans to stay in a resort condo on the north side of the island. My BIL's
sister worked for the resort and had arranged for us to stay in a condo for
a very small fee. When we checked in the first evening, we discovered we
couldn't get a space adequate for 5 adults. It was too late to find another
place so we stayed the night with me sleeping on a rollaway in a bathroom
which was private but a bit too confining. The next day his sister
scrounged around and found us a beachfront house in a private area west of
there almost at the end of the road. The house only had 2 bedrooms so I
still had to sleep on a rollaway but I had the whole front of the house
consisting of a combined living room and kitchen area for my sleeping space.
It was an unforgettable experience.

--
Jan in MN

Old November 6th 05, 03:22 AM
MRH

Default Hawaiian islands was 6x6

"The Jonathan Lady" wrote in message
"JCT" wrote in message
[...]

That sounds neat, Jan. I love hearing of places that other people have
visited... places I may never get to see... but have seen on TV and
movies... to hear their experiences. )

Gemini

Old November 6th 05, 03:26 AM
Katherine

Default 6x6

Glad you had a good time.

Katherine

JCT wrote:
I guess I didn't say anything about it. We took a laptop so I did
continue to check in once in a while. Someone there was knitting a
scarf and mittens on their lanai - I can't really get into knitting
there with the temp being about 85 F.
I did read 4 books - mostly just stuff that I found there but I did
read the The Kite Runner. I really though that one was worth
reading.

Old November 6th 05, 04:10 PM
JCT

You are right about it getting priced out of our range now - if we
hadn't bought it then, we wouldn't have it. You are also right about
how we work it - we try to do our visit in spring or fall and leave the
winter for paying guests.

We have taken our kids (when they were younger) and two of our three
grandkids
(will take the third when she is a bit older). They had a great time.

We did see turtles -- five or six big ones and quite a few smaller
ones. The big ones are three feet or so across and the small ones
about 8 o 12 inches across.
They were green sea turtles. We are allowed to snorkle in the area
where they are seen but stay about four feet away and avoid any contact
as that bothers them. The hawkbill turtles are rarer and more
protected - we didn't see those, just the more common green ones.

Old November 7th 05, 03:43 AM
Shillelagh

"MRH" mthecarpenterATxcelcoDOTonDOTca wrote in message

That sounds neat, Jan. I love hearing of places that other people have
visited... places I may never get to see... but have seen on TV and
movies... to hear their experiences. )

Gemini

I've been to Maui 3 times, visited Honolulu once cuz DH wanted to see the
Arizona Memorial. Maui is a beautiful place and I would love to live there.
Each visit to Maui we stayed in the Kaanapaali area, but sadly haven't been
there since 1994 ;(

I've also been to St.Maarten/St.Martin; Bahamas, and Aruba. Aruba is
another wonderful place for a vacation!

Shelagh

Old November 7th 05, 05:30 PM
MRH

Nice!!! *sigh* I just added a few more places on my list of places I
would like to visit someday! Maybe someday I'll be rich and famous.... and
pigs will fly then too! ;op~

Gem