[Ganoksin] The Ganoksin Project - A Project in Transition

Old September 9th 08, 09:56 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
[email protected]

Default [Ganoksin] The Ganoksin Project - A Project in Transition

The Ganoksin Project
S i n c e 1 9 9 6
Jewelry Manufacturing Methods and Techniques
http://www.ganoksin.com

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE - 9 SEPTEMBER 2008
The Ganoksin Project - A Project in Transition

Greetings

In recent times, we are bringing Ganoksin forward in many ways. It is
our intent to reward our members with enhanced features, some visible
and some not.

You are seeing the transition of our Orchid Gallery and BenchExchange,
The visual front of The Ganoksin Project; we invite all of you to post
your works, for all to see.

http://www.ganoksin.com/orchid/exhibition

Blogging on Ganoksin - Ganoksin will be offering ALL members of the
Orchid Family, the opportunity to create a personal Blog on Orchid.
You may use this in any of many ways, for example, to augment your
personal progress, from inception to completion. It will be your
space, to use as you see fit, try it, I know you will like it, and
share within and without.

Workshop Central - this is a long ago mentioned, soon to be initiated
section within Ganoksin. It will be a Worldwide Data Base of
Workshops, their presenters, their locations, dates, costs, and all
pertinent information. This will be extremely information, not only in
your immediate area, but also where you may be vacationing, attending
a conference, or just wanting to visit.

Orchid's Design Competition - this soon to be launched event, is
exciting to think about, and stimulating for the creative bent within
all of us. This will be a wonderful opportunity to participate in a
fair and unbiased competition. With the International exposure of
Orchid, it will be a "not to be missed" happening. Look for it coming
soon.

New Product Launch - Ganoksin will offer all Manufacturers,
Distributors and inventive geniuses Orchidians, the platform from
which to introduce new products to the Orchid Community. What a great
opportunity to immediately know of something new, and possibly
wonderful, as it enters the marketplace. No three month lag time for
magazines, no limited exposure, simply an instantaneous and wide
audience coming out party.

In order to make all the above easier and smoother, we have invested
in a new server, doubling our Bandwidth, and increasing computing
speed by 600%!

As you can see, there are both major and minor changes coming within
Orchid, Something for everyone. Keep watching this space, and yes,
participate!

Lastly, we are changing our Raffle, and in doing so, want to thank
Karen Christians for all the work she has put into it, to make it the
success it has been. She now has time to dedicate to continue the
development of her latest endeavor, Cleverwerx. We wish Karen well.

Ganoksin has worked hand in hand with many, and deeply appreciate
those who have become active supporters. That, along with our many
wonderful members, are the life blood that feeds the project, and we
hope to continue and increase our wonderful information base, and
encourage the continuation of sharing as we so happily have known.

We could not be where we are without you all. Our deepest thanks and
gratitude goes out to you.

Thank you, one and all,
Hanuman

The Ganoksin Project
http://www.ganoksin.com

The Ganoksin Project (http://www.ganoksin.com) is the largest virtual
single information source for searchable archived content for jewelry
and metals in the world. Its 8500 Orchid members foster sharing,
support community, enhance productivity and encourage studio safety,
by promoting education in the jewelry and metal arts worldwide.