Christmas time is coming

Old August 8th 07, 01:14 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
polly esther

Default Christmas time is coming

One of my favorite things to give at Christmas is cookies or pralines
wrapped in holiday fabric. I really wasn't Christmas shopping but happened
upon a couple that I just must share with you. Whether your giving includes
a simple pinked wrapping or a king-size quilt, these are just precious.
They're produced by RJR and for reasons obscure to me are in a category
named Kyle's Marketplace. One is red and white striped candy canes that are
so real looking you expect them to be sticky, and there's one with Christmas
cookies of every possible variety. You can see them at
www.desertrosequiltshop.com Not affiliated, in fact I've never shopped
there. Is this a good place to mention that there's around 100 days until
time for the Christmas joke? Polly

Old August 8th 07, 03:21 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
jennellh

Thank you Polly - a good store is any store that stocks 'owl fabrics'
in my opinion and since you asked - I'd like pralines, please and
thank you again in advance.
jennellh

Old August 8th 07, 03:47 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sherry Starr[_2_]

If we have a choice of pralines, I will take bourbon - for medicinal
purposes of course!

Sherry Starr

Old August 8th 07, 03:57 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti S

Polly - the cookie fabric is just toooo cute! How festive that would be,
lining a basket of homemade treats, and tied with a pretty bow and a
cookie cutter.

OH! And I'm with Butterfly.... old fashioned please!

Patti in Seattle

Old August 8th 07, 04:27 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
polly esther

Praline experts truly prefer cold, crisp weather. Usually, that's just not
going to happen here in the Swamp. One year, I had to resort to Plan B. I
scrubbed the bathtubs and lined them with heavy-weight aluminum foil. That
was the single cold place available. The children were delighted to skip
bath time and DH (who will put up with any of my idiosyncrasies if they're
named praline production) survived waiting until morning for his shower. I
don't have to resort to such desperate measures anymore. Now I have some
lovely marble slabs to chill for candy-making. The cemetery doesn't suspect
a thing. Polly

Old August 8th 07, 04:40 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

Christmas Polly? Gosh, I was having a good day enjoying the cooldown
weather at 88' and then you mention Christmas. (dh just hollered 88'
is freezing a** cold) I'd take pralines any way they are. I don't
know much in the way of sweets I don't like : )

You better be careful with those cemetery stones. Years ago dad got one
that had been found on a jobsite. (not originally from that location)
He put it out in the back yard as a stepping stone cause it was pretty
and interesting. He started a trend in that once little town of Yorba
Linda. Many years later behind the house Richard Nixon grew up in
they put out a couple of marble slabs. Of course Nixon and his wife
were buried there but dad started the trend.

Did anyone mention that Mr. Esther is a good man? He sure is.
Taria

Old August 8th 07, 04:40 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Donna Aten[_2_]

Since we have a choice, I'll take one of each!
--
Donna in Idaho

"Polly Esther" wrote in message
Old-fashioned, chocolate or bourbon? Polly

ups.com...