OT cooking stoves and hand vacs

Old August 9th 07, 01:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

Default OT cooking stoves and hand vacs

Thanks, Lee. Next time we buy a stove, I will consider
a convection/conventional. PAT

Lee Kerrighan wrote:
In article ,
Pat in Virginia wrote:
Hi Pat,
I wouldn't say I'm a 'born cook', and my mother certainly wouldn't! The
booklet and manual that came with the oven were clear. All I do for most
things is set the temp. 25F degrees lower than the recipe says, then
start checking for doneness about 10-20% earlier than the recipe says.
(If it says bake 30-35 minutes at 350, I set it at 325, and check at 25
minutes, for example.) On something like fruitcake, that bakes for
*hours*, It can make quite a difference. On 10-minute cookies, not so
much. Breads rise evenly, and brown evenly, even with 4 loaves in there.
The learning curve is really rather flat, I'd say. And convection baking
is a choice, of course; I don't use it for a covered casserole, just for
things that are open. HTH
Lee )

Hi Lee:
How steep is the learning curve with a convection oven?
I mean for 'cooking impaired' people, not the ones who
are 'born cooks!'
Thanks, PAT