Zipper tips and tricks

Old December 14th 03, 03:22 PM
Beth Pierce

Default Zipper tips and tricks

I am in the process of sewing a zipper with a fly into a
pair of pants that I copied for DH and would like to know if
anyone would want to share thier favorite way of doing this.
I have made several of these pants, but was wondering if
there might be a better, faster or simpler way. Does anyone
want to contribute?

Old December 14th 03, 03:49 PM
Penny S

Beth Pierce murmured while asleep:
I am in the process of sewing a zipper with a fly into a
pair of pants that I copied for DH and would like to know if
anyone would want to share their favorite way of doing this.
I have made several of these pants, but was wondering if
there might be a better, faster or simpler way. Does anyone
want to contribute?

the method in the Singer book, Sewing Pants (p. 98)is the best I've found

Penny S

Old December 14th 03, 05:08 PM
B. Peg

I am in the process of sewing a zipper with a fly into a
pair of pants that I copied for DH and would like to know if
anyone would want to share thier favorite way of doing this.
I have made several of these pants, but was wondering if
there might be a better, faster or simpler way. Does anyone
want to contribute?

I use Sullivan's "Glue Pins" for almost all of my zipper installations
now. They turn out well and it is faster than messing with basting - ugh!
Just squeeze a bead, press it down, wait ten minutes and sew. Washes out in
laundry. Bought it at Hancock's for about $6.

B~

Old December 18th 03, 08:08 AM
AmazeR

On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 14:22:16 +0000, Beth Pierce wrote:

I am in the process of sewing a zipper with a fly into a
pair of pants that I copied for DH and would like to know if
anyone would want to share thier favorite way of doing this.
I have made several of these pants, but was wondering if
there might be a better, faster or simpler way. Does anyone
want to contribute?

I have no favourite way of doing zippers - I just follow the instructions
that either come with the zipper or in the pattern directions. How do you
do them? and what would be better? or how much is faster?

AmazeR

Old December 18th 03, 05:00 PM
Penny S

AmazeR murmured while asleep:
On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 14:22:16 +0000, Beth Pierce wrote:

I am in the process of sewing a zipper with a fly into a
pair of pants that I copied for DH and would like to know if
anyone would want to share thier favorite way of doing this.
I have made several of these pants, but was wondering if
there might be a better, faster or simpler way. Does anyone
want to contribute?

I have no favourite way of doing zippers - I just follow the
instructions that either come with the zipper or in the pattern
directions. How do you do them? and what would be better? or how
much is faster?

AmazeR

reposted: the method in the Singer book "Pants that fit" is by far the
easiest and most professional fly zipper installation i know of.

Penny S