@%#(*%&#$#%# Buttericks/McCalls/Vogue and lack of men's patterns

Old September 29th 03, 03:07 AM
CW

Almost right. You edit then post above it.
"duh who" wrote in message
Well, I guess the whole story is, you go to the trouble of editing out all
except what you are responding to, and then post below that. That way you
don't get longer and longer blocks of text uselessly going back and forth
across the net.

"IMS" wrote in message
If quoting a particularly long post, it's perfectly Ok to top post. Who
wants to scroll down and down, to read a one-sentence reply? That's
more annoying IMHO. .I much prefer reading what people have to say than
worring about if they've posted it in the right place.

On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 18:00:35 GMT, "duh who" wrote:

"CW" wrote in message
That's where it should be anyway.

I'm talking about the top row of the keyboard. Which brings up that

other
issue. I notice that everyone here top-posts, i.e. answers other posts

by
typing at the top of the page. From my experience with other newsgroups,
this is frowned upon and is very annoying to deal with. So, is the
netiquette different for the sewing groups?

I figured I'd cover my bases here by typing in the middle.

Old September 29th 03, 03:07 AM
duh who

"Kate Dicey" wrote in message
IMS wrote:

If quoting a particularly long post, it's perfectly Ok to top post. Who
wants to scroll down and down, to read a one-sentence reply? That's
more annoying IMHO. .I much prefer reading what people have to say than
worring about if they've posted it in the right place.

I try to remember to snip everything except the bit I'm replying to.
Then I post under it, as this is more relevant. On long posts I pop an
intro at the top and then answer each bit as it comes up.

Mostly I snip and bottom post.

You da man...or lady...or...well, you know what I mean.

Old September 29th 03, 03:10 AM
duh who

"Diana Curtis" wrote in message
Wait a minute!! Do you mean to tell me you can make a man from a pattern??
Really??
Do they do housework?

Ok, you get only one: a man, or someone to do housework.

Of course, you can always start altering the pattern, but I'd be really
interested in what parts you alter first.

Old September 29th 03, 03:55 AM

duh who wrote:

How about leaving the lid up or down? ;-)

It has to be down here or else the cats play in it and the dogs drink
out of it, and in both cases it leaves the seat massively wet and the
floor sploshed.

--
I know God will not give me anything I can't handle.
I just wish that He didn't trust me so much. - Mother Teresa

Old September 29th 03, 04:10 AM
Diana Curtis

Maybe your problem isnt that youre polyester but that you are a soft drapey
cotton knit, and someone put you on a hanger in the closet, or worse yet, a
hook. (I know thats a harsh image but it had to be suggested) The nice thing
is that you will continue to get softer and more comfortable the older you
get...
and yes, men from patterns who do foot rubs and back massages and always
take out the garbage... sighhhhh...
Diana

--
http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44
"Valkyrie" wrote in message

"Diana Curtis" wrote in message
Wait a minute!! Do you mean to tell me you can make a man from a

pattern??
Really??
Do they do housework?

..........and give foot and back/shoulder rubs?

People made from patterns.....I think that may explain my problem, I was

cut
not quite on the bias, as Kate's bridesmaid dresses from hell......I'm
starting to twist, sag and do other most unflattering things the longer I
hang in life. In the next life I'm coming back as beautifully lovely yet
sturdy and durable dupioni instead of this cheap poly sh*t!!

Val

Old September 29th 03, 04:17 AM
CW

I will.

"duh who" wrote in message

"CW" wrote in message
et...
I doubt anyone here has thought about it. They just do what makes sense.

top post in any newsgroup and will continue to do so.

Well, be that way.

Old September 29th 03, 04:23 AM
CW

No dog but leave it down for the cats. As to the toilet paper, it needs to
unroll from the back to make it cat resistant. One of our cats grabbed the
end of the TP, got up on the counter, walked to the other side and unrolled
about a quarter roll into the sink. It then got into the sink and went to
sleep. Got to have a mattress, you know.

"Melinda Meahan - take out TRASH to reply" wrote in
message ...

Old September 29th 03, 10:29 AM
Kate Dicey

duh who wrote:

How about leaving the lid up or down? ;-)

I don't care so long as you don't widdle on the seat! Oh, and mop the
floor if you miss!

Hay - dint we juzz to this a while back? ;P
--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
Old September 29th 03, 10:29 AM
Kate Dicey

CW wrote:

No dog but leave it down for the cats. As to the toilet paper, it needs to
unroll from the back to make it cat resistant. One of our cats grabbed the
end of the TP, got up on the counter, walked to the other side and unrolled
about a quarter roll into the sink. It then got into the sink and went to
sleep. Got to have a mattress, you know.

Never had this problem with the cats. They are way too interested in
sleeping on the nice fluffy fat new duvet with freshly laundered cover!
The cats only ever go in the bathroom if I want to go in!

Old September 29th 03, 10:29 AM
Kate Dicey

duh who wrote:

Of course, you can always start altering the pattern, but I'd be really
interested in what parts you alter first.

I don't think I've ever made anything EXACTLY according to the pattern!
I use bits from different patterns quite often. I wonder where THAT
would lead me...