Treadle belt for old machine?

Old January 16th 08, 04:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Joy Beeson

Default Treadle belt for old machine?

On Wed, 16 Jan 2008 12:12:44 -0000, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

Just read this, what do they do with the belt which came with their machine?

When you find a treadle machine, the belt is usually old and brittle,
or missing altogether.

Joy Beeson
--
joy beeson at comcast dot net
http://roughsewing.home.comcast.net/ -- sewing
Old January 16th 08, 07:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Pogonip[_2_]

wrote:

Just read this, what do they do with the belt which came with their machine?

When you find a treadle machine, the belt is usually old and brittle,
or missing altogether.

Joy Beeson

And it needs rescuing from someone who wants to turn it into a
marble-topped table!
--
Joanne
stitches @ singerlady.reno.nv.us.earth.milky-way.com
Old January 16th 08, 08:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing

Pogonip wrote:

When you find a treadle machine, the belt is usually old and brittle,
or missing altogether.
Joy Beeson

And it needs rescuing from someone who wants to turn it into a
marble-topped table!

As my mama used to say, truer words were never!

--
Every job is a self-portrait of the person who does it. Autograph your
work with excellence.
Old January 16th 08, 09:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Pogonip[_2_]

Melinda Meahan - take out TRASH to reply wrote:
Pogonip wrote:

When you find a treadle machine, the belt is usually old and brittle,
or missing altogether. Joy Beeson

And it needs rescuing from someone who wants to turn it into a
marble-topped table!

As my mama used to say, truer words were never!

Beware the Treadleonia Liberation Front!
Old January 17th 08, 12:51 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Kate XXXXXX Kate XXXXXX is offline
Banned

Pogonip wrote:

When you find a treadle machine, the belt is usually old and brittle,
or missing altogether. Joy Beeson

And it needs rescuing from someone who wants to turn it into a
marble-topped table!

As my mama used to say, truer words were never!

Beware the Treadleonia Liberation Front!

We know where you are...

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old January 17th 08, 01:56 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Pogonip[_2_]

Pogonip wrote:

When you find a treadle machine, the belt is usually old and brittle,
or missing altogether. Joy Beeson

And it needs rescuing from someone who wants to turn it into a
marble-topped table!

As my mama used to say, truer words were never!

Beware the Treadleonia Liberation Front!

We know where you are...

And I know where you are.......your address must be around here
somewhere.....what *is* all this stuff in this desk drawer, anyway, and
how did it all get here.....