Rallying UK Quilters!

Old October 5th 05, 02:31 PM
Sally Swindells

Default Rallying UK Quilters!

On 'This Morning' television they had...and I couldn't believe my
eyes.... a Craft Competition!

This was the first heat (Northern), and it had been slimmed down to
three people (one willow weaver, one felt-maker and one quilter) who
were then voted on by the viewers. And guess who won the heat - the
Quilter of course!

As this was only heat one I presume it will be featured for the next
few Wednesdays.

Quick as a flash I e-mailed the programme to congratulate them on
realising that there are craft orientated people out there, and asking
for a regular feature. Perhaps if Richard and Judy did such a good job
on books, they could follow with Crafts, and then perhaps we would get
real programmes!

The ITV website is:
http://www.itv-thismorning.co.uk/Hom...?fid=250&tid=2

Perhaps if we all sent them an e-mail saying how clever they are, they
would listen? Might send them a snail-mail letter too!

--
Sally at the Seaside~~~~~~~
Old October 5th 05, 03:53 PM
Debra

On Wed, 5 Oct 2005 13:31:09 +0000 (UTC), Sally Swindells
wrote:

[...]

Sally, that snail mail letter you are thinking about is a very good
idea. One typed letter sent by post often gets more attention from TV
network programmers than one hundred e-mails.

Maybe you could get your friends who watch the show to each send a
letter too. It's hard to ignore a real mail box full of letters but
very easy to delete and ignore incoming e-mail.

I hope you get your wish for better TV programming. I'd send a letter
myself, but I'm across the pond so it isn't likely to help.
Debra in VA
See my quilts at
Old October 6th 05, 02:49 PM
SNIGDIBBLY

Hmmmmmm ... topics for today: "Toy Boys" and a "Live Vasectomy." Verrry
interesting! LOL! Sent them an email to encourage more crafts - going to
blow their minds that it is coming from the US, tho.

SNIGDIBBLY
~e~
"
/ \

Old October 6th 05, 08:16 PM
Sally Swindells

They must think their satallite has a very strong signal!

The today' programme contents makes it sound very questionable!
Actually its an extremely good magazine type programme 2hours every
morning. Lots of varied topics, and not afraid to cover the male
health ones too - they did prostate cancer not long ago - a subject
others seem terrified of talking about. I must admit that I had my
coffee break during the operation bit! Its the sort of programme where
people begin to feel that they know the presenters as neighbours.

Hopefully the producers will be surpised by the response they get
(they seemed taken aback by the standard of the crafts entered in
their competition) and will think 'Now thats a programme idea'. We get
so many cable and satallite progs. on
house/people/clothes/children/dirty and untidy people makeovers/swaps,
cars and sport, there must be room somewhere.
--
Sally at the Seaside~~~~~~~