My heart is sad, for those that care

Old November 24th 07, 02:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Javahut[_4_]

Default My heart is sad, for those that care

I found out today just how brief life is, and how odd it can be.

Many people here have followed the trials and tribulations of Michael
Robison.

For those that don't read here often, Michael came in the group not all that
long ago with a new energy and excitement for a craft he did 20 years ago,
and was excited to return to the craft now to build lamps and some new
windows for the house he is in.

His energy and excitement and intelligent questions brought a bit of light
to me, on a personal level, for some reason. Probably because what I have
seen through my eyes for the past 30 years, I had forgotten that this was
supposed to be FUN. Michael brought that back, for me, probably because he
is a genuinely nice guy, and is excited by all of it. Maybe not, I really
don't know why, but things just clicked.

I did something I don't normally do, I invited Mike to come up to my studio,
I have a couple of lamps going in construction, and I do other things that
he may learn some tricks and techniques that may help him. A 4 hour drive
north from his home in IN, and is here!! Drove up the Friday night before
with his lovely wife,( a motorcycle enthusiast, a plus in my world) she
explored the area while Mike spent the day Sat.

I worked on nothing that day, we just covered alot of ground in the area
that excited him the most, lamps. Showed him some things I do to make life
easier in construction, showed him some old rolled glass that he had never
seen and we just talked glass all day long until it was time to leave for
their ride home. It was a really nice day, I felt, for both of us.

What is this leading up to?

With a sad heart, I know that I shall not hear from Michael again.

We will not see his posts here, asking questions, and giving us answers to
recently discovered tricks he had learned.

Michael was killed in an Auto accident on Nov. 19th.
It is not confirmed but indications are a drunk driver. whether or not he
was drunk, he hit Michael head on as Mike was on his way to work.

I will miss him. Alot.

Old November 24th 07, 03:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Moonraker[_2_]

I'll miss him, too. I always enjoyed his enthusiasm and quest for
knowledge.

Old November 24th 07, 04:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Lauri Levanto

Form far away, I liked Michael'spostings.
I moss him, too.
-lauri
Old November 24th 07, 04:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Adrian

That's very sad.

He seemed like a nice guy - and full of enthusiasm.

It's all to easy to get a bit jaded -

something like this this makes you realise that we should all live
every day to the full

-'cos who knows when it's our turn ?

Bless him & comfort his friends & relatives

Adrian
Old November 24th 07, 04:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
[email protected]

Man, that is sad! His enthusasism and positive posts will surely be
missed.

Andy

Old November 24th 07, 05:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Adrian

Hi Java

Please drop me a private email

adrian at ambquality.co.uk

Thanks
Adrian
Old November 24th 07, 05:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Norma

On Nov 24, 9:54 am, "Javahut" wrote:
[...]

Such a tragedy. His posts were a delight to read, so full of
enthusiasm.
Norma
Old November 25th 07, 09:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
JKGlassman

"Javahut" wrote in message
I found out today just how brief life is, and how odd it can be.

Michael was killed in an Auto accident on Nov. 19th.
It is not confirmed but indications are a drunk driver. whether or not he
was drunk, he hit Michael head on as Mike was on his way to work.

I will miss him. Alot.

WOW.... I was just talking to him on the phone a couple of weeks ago.
Seemed like a good fellow. Many, if not most newbies here don't get treated
very well. Seems like the simple questions are treated with sarcasm and
distain. For some reason he had a way of posting alot, and yet not getting
under anyones skin. So sad....

--
JK Sinrod
http://www.sinrodstudios.com

Old November 26th 07, 05:40 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass
michele

damn... one day he's pushing the envelope (and was better at getting info
from all y'all old geezers than anyone else i've witnessed)... next he's
pushing daisies. His enthusiasm for life (and glass) will be missed. m

Old November 26th 07, 02:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Javahut[_4_]

"michele" wrote in message
damn... one day he's pushing the envelope (and was better at getting info
from all y'all old geezers than anyone else i've witnessed)... next he's
pushing daisies. His enthusiasm for life (and glass) will be missed. m

"all y'all old geezers"

personal exception noted, but please, do define "old geezer"?

Heart to Heart - Mary Cassatt [email protected] Quilting 0 December 28th 05 02:23 AM
emerald care Esther Pilcher Jewelry 3 March 8th 04 02:55 PM
AD-Close To My Heart, Heart of Winter Incentive SuzaStampin Rubberstamps 0 December 11th 03 02:17 PM
'My heart is like a river, my heart is like these hills...' Pirjo Ilvesvuori Yarn 0 October 3rd 03 08:17 PM