Cutting a cutting mat

Old June 12th 05, 09:36 PM
frood

Default Cutting a cutting mat

I just used a 40% off coupon to buy a 24x36 cutting mat. However, my work
table is only 20" wide, so I want to cut it down to size. What type of
implement do I need to cut this with? Heavy duty scissors? Craft knife?
Chain saw? And since it's self-healing, is the cut-off bit going to drag
itself back and put itself back together? Will I be perpetually fighting the
zombie cutting mat discards?

--
Wendy
de-fang email address to reply

Old June 12th 05, 10:42 PM
Taria

Hey Wendy I just got one with my coupon Wednesday. The mat itself says
not to use fixed blade knives. Maybe a new sharp razor knife might
work. I think you should be safe against the zombie discards ; )
Taria

Old June 12th 05, 10:43 PM

Wency, I trimmed mine with heavy duty shears and used the rest for
little mats for paper foundation piecing. They fit nicely in my sewing
table drawer, and I have one in my travel bag. Haven't heard any zombies
moaning yet! Nancycog in MD

Old June 12th 05, 11:16 PM
Kathy Applebaum

"frood" wrote in message
m...
And since it's self-healing, is the cut-off bit going to drag itself back
and put itself back together? Will I be perpetually fighting the zombie
cutting mat discards?

ROFLMAO!

There must be a movie in this somewhere... Night of the Living Cutting Mats?
Cutting Mat on Elm Street?
--
Kathy A. (Woodland, CA)
Queen of Fabric Tramps

Old June 13th 05, 02:27 AM
frood

Yes, send him here, but make sure he brings holy water and torches.

--
Wendy
De-Fang email address to reply
Put on your Big Girl panties and just deal with it. -- unknown

"Jan" wrote in message
ink.net...
"frood" wrote in
m:

I just used a 40% off coupon to buy a 24x36 cutting mat. However, my
work table is only 20" wide, so I want to cut it down to size. What
type of implement do I need to cut this with? Heavy duty scissors?
Craft knife? Chain saw? And since it's self-healing, is the cut-off
bit going to drag itself back and put itself back together? Will I be
perpetually fighting the zombie cutting mat discards?

I can tell you that DH accidentally cut mine while using a new mat cutter
to make me a surprise :-) So... a box cutter/exacto with a straight edge
might get you there... or I can send him with his handy dandy mat cutter
:-)

Jan

Old June 13th 05, 05:16 AM
DrQuilter

Matts attacks?

Sharon Harper wrote:

Revenge of the Mats? Bride of the Cutting Mat?

--
Dr. Quilter
(take the dog out for a walk)
Old June 13th 05, 08:14 AM
Krysia Thompson

On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 20:36:38 GMT, "frood"
wrote:

I just used a 40% off coupon to buy a 24x36 cutting mat. However, my work
table is only 20" wide, so I want to cut it down to size. What type of
implement do I need to cut this with? Heavy duty scissors? Craft knife?
Chain saw? And since it's self-healing, is the cut-off bit going to drag
itself back and put itself back together? Will I be perpetually fighting the
zombie cutting mat discards?

heavy duty Guillotine (Madame de)? scissors will never leave a
clean cut. neither will chainsaw :P
or use a heavy uty craft nife, or take it somewhere where they
CUT.
as for the zombie self-healing - chain them separately, the
halves I mean

Krysia
K.T. - starannie opakowana
Old June 13th 05, 03:34 PM
nana2b

How I spent my Mat Cutting Vacation?

cutting strips Dawn Alguard Sewing 3 February 1st 05 08:13 PM
Boot Pattern Cutting & Clicking 1906 cobblering Sally Marketplace 0 October 18th 04 10:44 PM
Boot Shoe Pattern Cutting & Clicking 1906 FA Sally General Crafting 0 September 12th 04 12:23 AM
Pressing and Cutting Paradigm Shift needed frood Quilting 37 July 31st 03 10:20 AM
FA: $5.00The Technique of Stained Glass Elric of Imrryr Marketplace 0 July 30th 03 03:53 AM