Tiffany at the Metropolitan

Old October 30th 07, 06:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Michael[_2_]

Default Tiffany at the Metropolitan

I've been interested in Tiffany lamps so I've been checking out a few
books on his work. I notice one about a Tiffany exhibit at the
Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York. Is that exhibit permanent or
has it moved on to somewhere else? If permanent, has anyone seen it?
If yes, is it cool? I've been thinking about checking it out over the
holidays. I notice there is at least one store in the area that has
several original Tiffany lamps for sell.

Thanks, Michael

Old October 30th 07, 08:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Javahut[_4_]

"Michael" wrote in message
oups.com...
I've been interested in Tiffany lamps so I've been checking out a few
books on his work. I notice one about a Tiffany exhibit at the
Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York. Is that exhibit permanent or
has it moved on to somewhere else? If permanent, has anyone seen it?
If yes, is it cool? I've been thinking about checking it out over the
holidays. I notice there is at least one store in the area that has
several original Tiffany lamps for sell.

Thanks, Michael

Get your Google going before you go and you will find many galleries that
have Original Tiffany's on display/for sale in NYC.

Old October 30th 07, 09:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
michele

Just note the difference between original Louis Comfort Tiffany and such
others as Dale Tiffany (made in China). m

"Javahut" wrote in message

oups.com...

Old October 30th 07, 11:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Vic

There was a Tiffany exhibit at the Met call "Laurelton Hall", but I
think it's over. They always have some Tiffany, LaFarge and other
stained glass on pediment display.

The New York Historical Society has an ongoing Tiffany exhibit about
the women who worked for Tiffany. They also have a large Tiffany lamp
collection.

Vic

Old October 31st 07, 02:19 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Glassman

"Michael" wrote in message
oups.com...
I've been interested in Tiffany lamps so I've been checking out a few
books on his work. I notice one about a Tiffany exhibit at the
Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York. Is that exhibit permanent or
has it moved on to somewhere else? If permanent, has anyone seen it?
If yes, is it cool? I've been thinking about checking it out over the
holidays. I notice there is at least one store in the area that has
several original Tiffany lamps for sell.

Thanks, Michael

That's my territory, surprised you didn't ask me Michael. The Met
always had permanent Tiffany on display. Afterall, Brooklyn NY is where he
made many of them. Dozens of original Tiffany scattered all over the place
in the Churches of Brooklyn. The place to see the lamps are the big
galleries, like Lillian Nassau. If she's still alive and kicking, there's
always dozens there. Another secret gem is the Brooklyn Museum. Lots of
Tiffany windows & lamps.

--
JK Sinrod
www.SinrodStudios.com

Old November 4th 07, 01:21 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Michael[_2_]

Thanks to everybody that posted on the Tiffany exhibit at the Met and
galleries. I'd love to go up there and see all the lamps.

Michael

3d design software for tiffany lamps [email protected] Glass 2 October 25th 07 06:15 PM
Tiffany & Co. silver jewelry manufacturer Famvo Jewelry Glass 0 July 11th 07 06:22 PM
Tiffany Lamp [email protected] Glass 3 January 26th 06 04:02 AM
Classic tiffany - explanation? Joshua Beall Jewelry 2 May 4th 05 04:23 PM