WAAAAAAAAY off topic; Court documents.

Old September 13th 08, 05:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Karen C in California

Default WAAAAAAAAY off topic; Court documents.

F.James Cripwell wrote:
In this world, who you know is usually much more important
to what you know.

And who they know is even better.

I've just put Jim in touch with my business partner, who has done
courthouse work in Ireland, and she's going to put him in touch with a
friend who has done courthouse work in England. Six Degrees of Kevin
Bacon later, we should find ourselves connected to the person who
actually took down the testimony and is able to provide what Jim wants.

--
Karen C - California
Editor/Proofreader www.IntlProofingConsortium.com

SEPTEMBER 8-14 NATIONAL INVISIBLE CHRONIC ILLNESS AWARENESS WEEK
http://www.invisibleillnessblog.com/

Finished 9/9/08 - Butterfly Drama (Dimensions)

WIP: Oriental Kimono (Janlynn), MLI The Teacher (gift to
the library), Bethany Angel (Marbek)
Retrieved from UFO pile: Marbek's Snow Angel, MLI Farmers Market

CFSfacts -- where we give you the facts and dispel the myths
Myths, with research cites: http://www.aacfs.org/images/pdfs/myths.pdf
Newest research blog: http://journals.aol.com/kmc528/Lifeasweknowit/
Old September 14th 08, 02:24 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ellice

On 9/11/08 5:38 PM, "Dianne Lewandowski" wrote:

F.James Cripwell wrote:
"Pat P" ) writes:
What goes on in these idiots' minds that they think that vandalism is the
answer to anything?

Pat

Not my point Pat. In the code of law, started in 1215, anyone is innocent
until proven guilty in a court of law. These people did not commit any
crime, now that they have been acquitted, so there was no "vandalism".
You think this is wrong; I think this is wrong. Which means, in our
minds, somebody screwed up. And that must have been the prosecution.
What I want to find out is precisely HOW did the prosecution screw up so
badly. And that is why I am looking for the court transcripts to know
precisely what happened. I think Bruce may have solved my problem.

Rather like the gentleman scientist who was hounded by the FBI and the
Justice Department as a person of significant interest in the release of
anthrax after 9/11. He sued, but didn't get anywhere because of laws
protecting the government.

Not true. He actually received an approximately $3 M settlement from the
government - I believe essentially from the FBI as they were the ones
responsible. There was significant coverage about his situation and
follow-up here in the DC area. I believe his settlement was only within
weeks, perhaps days, of the more likely guilty person committing suicide.

The real culprit (or supposed culprit)
committed suicide just a few weeks ago as officials were closing in on
him. Trouble is, the original suspect lost his career and his reputation.

Dianne

Well, he actually didn't lose his reputation in the end, but was certainly
damaged. And the settlement he received, while it may not make up for his
emotional stress, will certainly financially be more than his salary over
what the normal extension of his career - unless he were to work until he
was 80. And living in that area of MD, they could do very well with this
sum of money.

Ellice

Old September 14th 08, 04:14 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Dianne Lewandowski

I wasn't aware of the settlement. Last I had read, he wasn't entitled
to anything.

In any event, 3 million will not put this man's life back together. It
was terrible what they did to him - all on inuendo.

Dianne

Embroidery Discussions at http://www.heritageshoppe.com/smf
Old September 14th 08, 04:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Pat P[_2_]

wrote:

F.James Cripwell wrote:
"Pat P" ) writes:
What goes on in these idiots' minds that they think that vandalism is
the
answer to anything?

Pat

Not my point Pat.

Maybe not your point, but in general my point is still valid. Vandals ARE
complete idiots whatever the cause. Still, they go back to before the
Romans, so I`m afraid they`ll still be with us in anotherseveral hundred
years.

Pat

Old September 14th 08, 07:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Bruce Fletcher (remove dentures to reply)

Pat P wrote:
Maybe not your point, but in general my point is still valid. Vandals ARE
complete idiots whatever the cause. Still, they go back to before the
Romans, so I`m afraid they`ll still be with us in anotherseveral hundred
years.

There's some 12th century Viking graffiti inside the Maeshowe
prehistoric cairn on mainland Orkney. Photograph at
http://www.orkneyjar.com/history/maeshowe/maeshrunes.htm
--
Bruce Fletcher
Stronsay, Orkney UK
Old September 15th 08, 04:41 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ellice

On 9/13/08 11:14 PM, "Dianne Lewandowski"
wrote:

I wasn't aware of the settlement. Last I had read, he wasn't entitled
to anything.

I think it's one of the many typical things which will get more coverage in
the DC area than elsewhere. But there was plenty of coverage here in the
Wash Post, on the radio, NPR interviewing people, I think even Kojo Nandi
had some discussion about this on his show.

In any event, 3 million will not put this man's life back together. It
was terrible what they did to him - all on inuendo.

Absolutely. But, the settlement has certainly allowed him to move on, in
comfort.

Ellice

Old September 15th 08, 04:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan E.

On Sep 13, 8:24*pm, ellice wrote:
*And the settlement he received, while it may not make up for his
emotional stress, will certainly financially be more than his salary

Even once the lawyers take their cut?

Just curious...

Joan
Old September 16th 08, 06:14 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Karen C in California

Joan E. wrote:

On Sep 13, 8:24 pm, ellice wrote:

And the settlement he received, while it may not make up for his
emotional stress, will certainly financially be more than his salary

Even once the lawyers take their cut?

Just curious...

Joan

Depends on the lawyer. Some take 25%, some take 33%, some take 40% and
then there's Sam Scumbag, who was disbarred for taking 100% (nominally,
he was entitled to a percentage "plus costs", but he inflated the costs
to be sure he got to keep the whole settlement).

And then there's the guy who picked up the pieces after Sam Scumbag.
There were two named defendants, Sam settled with one, took the whole
check. The plaintiff went to Mr. Wonderful to ask "can he do that?!"
and when he called to tell me he was now handling the case, mentioned
that he was not taking any fee at all, in order to restore her faith in
attorneys.

--
Karen C - California
Editor/Proofreader www.IntlProofingConsortium.com

SEPTEMBER IS CHRONIC PAIN AWARENESS MONTH

Finished 9/9/08 - Butterfly Drama (Dimensions)

WIP: Nativity from "Countdown to Christmas" book, Oriental Kimono

Temple court Help! KI Graham Quilting 12 March 8th 08 09:27 PM
OT Court update Mystified One Quilting 5 August 31st 05 03:41 PM
Fw: Documents Carl West Knots 0 October 25th 04 05:27 PM
OT - court day today! Helen C Beads 8 August 28th 04 12:12 AM