AD: Web sale!!!

Old September 28th 06, 03:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Cindy

Default AD: Web sale!!!

Hello everyone!

I am super excited about the new sparkly beads and cabinet knobs I made
this week and have for sale on my web site!

I've been working on the knobs in my head for about a year now. Sure
I've done a few over the past nine months but nothing that has really
got me excited until now. I am sooo in love with these knobs I can't
even begin to tell you how happy and smiley they make me!

And these magnificent sparkly new beads are really great too! I do want
to do a bit of raised stringer work or something contrasting on the
next one's I do, but I was fearful of over doing them - as can happen
so easily with dichroic glass.

I'd love for you to go see them! Thanks a billion!
http://www.fullcirclegalleria.com/be...for%20sale.htm

Cindy Palmer
www.fullcirclegalleria.com

Old September 28th 06, 08:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Kandice Seeber

Ooooooooooooh - I love the black with dichro!

--
Kandice Seeber
www.lampwork.net
oups.com...

Old October 4th 06, 01:41 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Christina Peterson

Default Cindy's beads and also big auctions (was Web sale!!!)

I've been meaning to mention a couple things to you, Cindy.

The first is how very pleased I am with the bead I got from you. It's
bigger than I expected, but didn't have the problems I often associate with
big beads. It's fairly simple without a great weight of detail that often
makes beads too big, too messy, too fussy. But with plenty going on subtly
so that it's not, you know, same only bigger. That's quite a balancing act.
(Michael Barley's beads are like that too).

The other thing is about your big True Blue auction you did with JC. I
expected the winning bid to be much higher. And I also had wished I could
bid on just a couple beads, a turquoise bead and classic blue moon in
particular. So I was sorry about that auction for a couple reasons.

And at the time I was still smarting a little over a very different auction.
A sensitive issue, because I don't want to complain. A bead maker was in
trouble and Kim Nealy set up an auction of items sent to her for the
purpose. Took a lot of excellent photos, and did a lot of work. The
necklace I sent in cost at least $60 in parts, and more like $100 to
replacement the material. The set of 3 necklaces was won for about $175.

I'm not complaining (especially about Kim's generous work), but I wish
someone had had the chance to choose to bid on my work and get only what
they wanted -- for whatever the price. And I felt that way about your big
auction too. That someone was getting a great deal, but would not value the
particular bead as much as I would have (theoretically), that some wonderful
beads would just be "extras". And also that it was putting the auction into
a sort of category of a wholesale lot, mostly available to shops instead of
individuals.

I wonder what others have experienced either buying or selling larger lots.
(Not really counting "orphans" where you expect to be dealing with extras).

Tina

Old October 4th 06, 02:22 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Cindy

Tina,

Thanks for the kind words about my beads and for sharing your opions. I
agree sometimes a big auction may not be the way to go, especially if
it is a bunch of different beads that don't necessarily go
together...very different from a set of orphans or a big set of
matching beads.

To be honest, I'm struggling a lot right now with what I'm even doing
trying to make a go of this. I have put my family in a rough finanacial
position for sometime now and now I can't even afford my ebay fees so I
can't even try to make more money...it's a hard road and I'm never sure
what will sell, how much to price stuff at...etc...

sorry to vent tina, you just caught me right in the middle of a hard
night...

Cindy

Old October 11th 06, 10:35 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Kalera

Big hugs

Cindy, you are a very talented beadmaker and I hope you have the leeway
to perservere, because with your skills you CAN make a living at this...
a decent one, even. I wish I could help you somehow. The only thing I
can suggest is pairing your gorgeous focals with some accent beads...
even single-color spacers... to boost sales. And if you ever get to a
point where you can... I hope you do... please consider taking out a
print ad. It made a huge difference for me.

I love your work, and I love your posts. Your goodness shines through.
Hang in there.

http://www.beadwife.com
http://www.bridgetownglass.com
On eBay: http://www.snurl.com/1sfe