Retiring CATS instructors

Old November 6th 05, 04:54 PM
Phylis Maurer

Default Retiring CATS instructors

Just recently, I found out that two very experienced teachers at CATS are
retiring. Linda Reinmiller and Martha Beth Lewis will not be included in
the instructors for CATS 2006.

They both have been wonderful mentors (especially to a new teacher) and
women that I am pleased to be able to call my friends. They will be sorely
missed as part of the CATS experience. I wish them well in their future
needlework endeavors.

Phyllis Maurer

Old November 6th 05, 05:17 PM
Brenda Lewis

I haven't taken any classes with Linda Reinmiller but Martha Beth Lewis
is so full of great information she should be cloned so she could teach
several classes at once! I hope she will still write articles for Just
Cross Stitch since her articles are the main reason I still get that
magazine.

--
Brenda
Marshaii: Bilge Queen of Puzzle Pirates
Old November 6th 05, 06:13 PM
Dianne Lewandowski

I don't know Linda Reinmiller, but I'm sorry to hear Martha Beth will
not be teaching there. Martha Beth has been an enormous amount of help
to me.

Dianne

Phylis Maurer wrote:
Just recently, I found out that two very experienced teachers at CATS are
retiring. Linda Reinmiller and Martha Beth Lewis will not be included in
the instructors for CATS 2006.

They both have been wonderful mentors (especially to a new teacher) and
women that I am pleased to be able to call my friends. They will be sorely
missed as part of the CATS experience. I wish them well in their future
needlework endeavors.

Phyllis Maurer

--
"The Journal of Needlework" - The E-zine for All Needleworkers
http://journal.heritageshoppe.com

Old November 7th 05, 01:54 PM
Beverly B

I knew Linda would not be back next year but I had not heard about Martha
Beth. I hope that for both of these teachers that this is just a temporary
time out and that they will be back with us in the future. I never took any
of Linda's classes but I took a couple from Martha Beth and enjoyed them.
Beverly B
PS: Phylis I really enjoyed the Yugoslavian weaving class I took with you at
Hershey. Amazing how something so simple can give such interesting results.

Old November 8th 05, 03:02 PM
Phylis Maurer

I'm glad to hear you are enjoying the Yugo project. It really is a nice
change of pace from following a chart, stitch by stitch.
Phyllis

Old November 8th 05, 04:23 PM
Joan E.

Phylis Maurer wrote:
Just recently, I found out that two very experienced teachers at CATS are
retiring. Linda Reinmiller and Martha Beth Lewis will not be included in
the instructors for CATS 2006.

WWWAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!! I'm finally
gonna get to one of these events and now MB isn't going to be
there?!?!?! sobsobsobsobsobsob

Joan

Old November 11th 05, 01:57 PM

I'm sorry to hear that! My mom really wanted to take one of MB's
knitting classes.

I took classes with Linda the oast two years. She's great fun & I
learned some very useful things from her.

Jacqueline

Old November 13th 05, 06:43 PM
FeySidhe

wrote:

Just recently, I found out that two very experienced teachers at CATS are
retiring. Linda Reinmiller and Martha Beth Lewis will not be included in
the instructors for CATS 2006.

I agree with the above to the extent of dismay and frustration. To date,
I have not been able to justify the trip to CATS that I sorely
wanted. I can only pine to the "someday..."
One point that I knew, I would want the chance to take classes and meet
Martha Beth. I adore her JCS articles.
Regardless, I wish her only the best in whatever she is looking for.

~Connie~
Old November 13th 05, 07:18 PM
Dianne Lewandowski

Martha Beth wrote articles for every issue of my "Journal of
Needlework". They were always well received and I appreciated her help.
Martha Beth, with her wealth of knowledge, has been a helpful mentor
to many of us.

Dianne

Old November 13th 05, 07:42 PM
Karen C - California

FeySidhe wrote:

One point that I knew, I would want the chance to take classes and meet
Martha Beth. I adore her JCS articles.
Regardless, I wish her only the best in whatever she is looking for.

~Connie~

I've had the pleasure of meeting Martha Beth and she *is* delightful.
She can have the rocking chair next to mine on the retirement home porch
any time!

I think she said she was having some health problems, so that may have
figured into her decision to retire. Of course, she could be another
Cher, who retires every couple of years and then comes back again.....

--
Karen C - California
www.CFSfacts.org where we give you the facts and dispel the myths

WIP: July birthstone, Flowers of Hawaii (Jeanette Crews) for ME!!!
LTR: Fireman's Prayer (#2), Amid Amish Life, Angel of Autumn,
Calif Sampler, Holiday Snowglobe

See my designs exclusively at www.TyWolfeDesigns.com

Editor/Proofreader http://hometown.aol.com/kmc528/KMC.html

OT - the 12 cats of Christmas Kandice Seeber Beads 6 December 16th 04 03:31 PM
Introduction (Was Q? about kittens & cats sneezing) Carey N. Yarn 40 October 1st 04 07:22 PM
For the cat lovers! A.Word.A.Day--Kilkenny cats Cheryl Isaak Needlework 0 July 20th 04 02:40 PM
Merry Christmas Cats spampot Sewing 0 December 21st 03 10:52 PM
COMM: Cats, Birds and Mice, oh my! Debbie Hamann Rubberstamps 0 November 19th 03 01:06 PM