Baltimore area shops

Old February 17th 04, 10:52 PM
jillsls

Default Baltimore area shops

Anyone know of any LNS in the area? Taking a trip soon and know of the
Stitching Post. Any others worth hunting out?

jill in nj
Old February 18th 04, 03:48 PM
cebmd

"jillsls" wrote in message news:01c3f5a8$f53f8f00$663067cf@default...
Anyone know of any LNS in the area? Taking a trip soon and know of the
Stitching Post. Any others worth hunting out?

jill in nj

If you go a little further south to Laurel, there is Stitching Pretty.

Carol
Old February 18th 04, 03:50 PM
Anne Tuchscherer

Count Your Blessings is a nice little shop.
http://www.count-your-blessings.com

I live near The Stitching Post and work near Count Your Blessings.
Coming from NJ if you are traveling I-95 you actually get to CYB first.

Anne (in Ellicott City, MD)

Old February 18th 04, 04:06 PM
Ellice

On 2/18/04 10:48 AM,"cebmd" posted:

"jillsls" wrote in message
Anyone know of any LNS in the area? Taking a trip soon and know of the
Stitching Post. Any others worth hunting out?

jill in nj

If you go a little further south to Laurel, there is Stitching Pretty.

It's a nice shop - about a 25 -35 min drive from Baltimore (downtown). And
there are some little places to browse in Laurel on Main Street (Sue - our
time to hook up there is approaching). The owner, Michelle, also designs as
MichelleInk, and they do some interesting framing. She has some very nice
things that are kind of fantasy subject with hardanger mixed in - I know -
it's kind of the opposite of Emie Bishop designs, - but they work ;^) I have
a chatelaine of hers (not even started) and a fun design of a flying dragon
with some whimsical being riding it - a gift from my LNS shop owner - after
we spent a day as the boutique at the Montpelier Mansion Needlework show.

Ellice

Old February 18th 04, 04:27 PM
Susan Hartman/Dirty Linen

jillsls wrote:
Anyone know of any LNS in the area? Taking a trip soon and know of the
Stitching Post. Any others worth hunting out?

jill in nj

Hi, Jill --

I live in Baltimore and both those stores, Count Your Blessings and the
Stitchin Post, are wonderful! Each has its own personality. I feel
blessed to have TWO great LNS's.

Here are some other important things to know as you travel:

Both these needlework shops have rest rooms and allow their customers to
use them! (That's an important fact when you're travelling!)

Next to Count Your Blessings is Wolf's Chocolate - worth a stop. Good
chocolate and delightful people...a taste of "the REAL Baltimore").
Nothing overly fancy or frou-frouey...but fine handmade chokkies,
reasonably priced. It's a treaure in a very unpretentious way.

Near Count Your Blessings...about a block away...is a lovely tea shop
called "Paradise in a Teacup" . Lovely lunch spot, but do call for
reservations.

http://www.teamap.com/state.html?state=Maryland

Email me directly if you have any other questions about Baltimore area!

Sue

Old February 18th 04, 04:29 PM
Susan Hartman/Dirty Linen

Ellice wrote:

If you go a little further south to Laurel, there is Stitching Pretty.

And
there are some little places to browse in Laurel on Main Street (Sue - our
time to hook up there is approaching).

Yes, Ellice - been thinking hard about it and google'd it the other day!
Will bring the calendar alongside the computer later this afternoon and
email you with some dates!

Sue

Old February 19th 04, 12:29 AM
Alison

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 11:27:43 -0500, Susan Hartman/Dirty Linen
wrote:
snip

Next to Count Your Blessings is Wolf's Chocolate - worth a stop. Good
chocolate and delightful people...a taste of "the REAL Baltimore").
Nothing overly fancy or frou-frouey...but fine handmade chokkies,
reasonably priced. It's a treaure in a very unpretentious way.

Near Count Your Blessings...about a block away...is a lovely tea shop
called "Paradise in a Teacup" . Lovely lunch spot, but do call for
reservations.

http://www.teamap.com/state.html?state=Maryland

I went to a sort of crab shack about 2 blocks or so down from Count
Your Blessings - it was wonderful! Sorry I don't remember the name
but maybe Sue knows it?

Alison
Old February 19th 04, 01:17 AM
Stitchbug

Susan,
Actually Paradise in a Teacup is a block away from the Stitching Post, not
Count Your Blessings-
but Wolfs Chocolates *is* nearby and is worth a stop.
Count Your Blessings does have a website and does mail order as well if you
can't make it into the shop. Not everything in the shop is on the site- but
the ladies who work there are so nice! You can call their 800 number during
shop hours and they will help you with whatever you want.
www.count-your-blessings.com

Lynn

Old February 19th 04, 03:30 PM
Susan Hartman/Dirty Linen

Oops! thank you Lynn! Of course you're right....I got my words confused!
(it happens, at a certain age, LOL!) I'm glad you straightened that out
or Jill would be hopelessly lost!

I don't know anything about a crab shack, though...

Sue