Displaying photographes

Old October 1st 06, 08:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Jan G

Default Displaying photographes

One of the things I love about this group is the chance to see people's
work. It is high time to take myself from my comfort zine and do two
things. Photograph my work before it leaves me, sold or to the gallery.

Then, I must file the photos. I know nothing about displaying them so I
can show you my work. Any suggestions welcomed.

Cheers, Jan
Old October 2nd 06, 05:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Gina Bull

There are several free web-based image storage/display sites. Two popular
ones are Flickr (www.flickr.com) and WebShots (www.webshots.com) . The
rec.crafts.scrapbooks members use WebShots a lot, possibly because it uses
the concept of albums to organize the images into categories (which is what
scrapbookers do, anyway).

I have a WebShots account for my fledgling scrapbook hobby, but hadn't
really thought about putting images of my beading on there. All the photos
I've taken of my bead projects are ... ugly. :-) Gotta work on that.

Gina

Old October 3rd 06, 11:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Polly S.

Jan G wrote:
One of the things I love about this group is the chance to see people's
work. It is high time to take myself from my comfort zine and do two
things. Photograph my work before it leaves me, sold or to the gallery.

Then, I must file the photos. I know nothing about displaying them so I
can show you my work. Any suggestions welcomed.

Cheers, Jan

I really like using Gallery... I started with an older version a couple
of years ago and it took a tiny bit of hair-pulling to set up but I
understand it's much easier now. And they now have Gallery Remote which
really streamlines sorting and uploading. Thumbnails and resizing are
automatic so you only have to upload the full sized images and then
name/label them.

http://gallery.menalto.com/about

Heres one of my Gallery subfolders... there are plenty of skins out
there to change the look as well.

http://beadfulheart.com/gallery/fall05

--
Polly
don't spook my groove...

email - webmaster at beadfulheart dot com
Old October 4th 06, 01:58 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Jan G

Polly and Gina, thank you for the helpful replies. Gallery looks so clear
and easy. First, I have to finish the works. Had an offer yesterday to
take my orders down by hand to the South Island, from a family friend who
is visiting her sister. Nothing like a spur to get finished. Then, I
have gallery work to finish.

Cheers, Jan
Old October 11th 06, 10:30 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Kalera

Jan G wrote:
One of the things I love about this group is the chance to see people's
work. It is high time to take myself from my comfort zine and do two
things. Photograph my work before it leaves me, sold or to the gallery.

Then, I must file the photos. I know nothing about displaying them so I
can show you my work. Any suggestions welcomed.

Cheers, Jan

I'd really like to see what you make! I don't have a ton of input for
sharing photos, but so far I have used both Picturetrail and flickr and
they both seem pretty great.

--
-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com