Stardust Charts

Old April 22nd 04, 04:27 PM
Monique Reed

Default Stardust Charts

Stardust has some beautiful designs. I really like their new "Smoky
Mountain Christmas," which shows Santa with a sleigh pulled by two
black bears. Santa wears a coat made from a log-cabin quilt.
http://www.vades.com/Images/Hdc/04-1812.jpg

Does anyone know what Stardust charts look like? Are they color or B
and W? Lots of half stitches? Backstitching? Mistakes???

Monique in TX
Old April 22nd 04, 04:54 PM
Boohoo1971

Stardust has some beautiful designs. I really like their new "Smoky
Mountain Christmas," which shows Santa with a sleigh pulled by two
black bears. Santa wears a coat made from a log-cabin quilt.
http://www.vades.com/Images/Hdc/04-1812.jpg

Does anyone know what Stardust charts look like? Are they color or B
and W? Lots of half stitches? Backstitching? Mistakes???

Monique in TX

Monique, I looked up and found some more Stardust designs and they are lovely.
I will be looking forward to hearing from someone who has stitched a Stardust
chart. There are a lot of speciality threads, and the ones I checked out were
stitched on linen so it sounds like a quality item. Boo

BRBR

Old April 22nd 04, 09:02 PM
linda f.

Stardust charts are created by Linda Kotila and Margaret Cogdill here in the
mountains of North Carolina (Linda is an artist - Margaret is the fibre guru
who also owns a stitching shop called Corner Yarn Shop in Dillsboro, NC).

They are WONDERFUL charts! They are printed in black and white, with clear
symbols, lots of specialty threads, fair amount of backstitching, and a few
partial stitches. They are very high quality charts -- and the results are
beautiful!

There was a great article about them in Just Cross Stitch a few years ago
with a a beautiful free chart.

I think you'll be VERY pleased!

linda

Old April 22nd 04, 10:07 PM
Gillian Murray

I THOUGHT I recognised them. I visited that shop about 18 months back, and
loved their work!! In fact I bought one of the charts; juast wonder where I
put it! LOL. Thanks for the information, Linda. I have friends who are
starting up a deluxe type of RV Resort just down the road in Franklin; they
hope to open the first phase this summer.

Gillian

Old April 22nd 04, 11:05 PM
Monique Reed

Great! That's exactly the kind of info I wanted. Now, what to do
about my "no buying any more stash until you finish something"
rule???

Monique

--
˙WPC5

Old April 23rd 04, 01:01 AM
Jeanine3

I have "Christmas Dinner" and the chart is black & white. There are is a
fair amount of backstitching, quarter/half/three-quarter stitches but
not as much as a Teresa Wentzler pattern for want of a comparison. There
are a tonne of specialty threads but I think it will be spectacular once
stitched up. I'm starting this piece next month with a bunch of friends
who have all recently discovered that we all own the same pattern but
have never started it. Just pricing out the specialty threads I come to
about $68US which is about average, I guess, when compared to a Victoria
Sampler pattern. I'm all for specialty threads so I won't be converting
anything to DMC but one lady in our group is going to do just that.
Looking at the pile of colours - it will still be a beautiful piece.
HTH,
Jeanine in Canada

Old April 23rd 04, 04:21 PM
Linda Wright

Monique Reed wrote in message ...
Stardust has some beautiful designs. I really like their new "Smoky
Mountain Christmas," which shows Santa with a sleigh pulled by two
black bears. Santa wears a coat made from a log-cabin quilt.
http://www.vades.com/Images/Hdc/04-1812.jpg

Does anyone know what Stardust charts look like? Are they color or B
and W? Lots of half stitches? Backstitching? Mistakes???

Monique in TX

This is gorgeous - it has to go on my wish list!