how to?

Old September 17th 03, 09:23 PM
Joe

Default how to?

Hello everyone,

I was wondering what your recommendations would be as to how I should
go about advertising a number of items I made that I'm selling. So far
I've placed them on Ebay (see for example

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ory=35 7&rd=1

) but I was hoping someone could give me some further ideas. How does
one make yourself noticeable on the web (other than spamming)?

Thanks very much in advance.
Old September 22nd 03, 09:10 PM
Michael Heindel

The best way is to have your own website and good search engine
positioning for your targeted keywords. High cost and constant work
for search engine position make this option less likely to succeed.

Second best would be to list your items with an Online Craft "Mall"
that allows you to have your own webpage. Like
http://www.HandmadeCatalog.com
In this arangement you have a webpage listing all your items for sale,
but don't need to worry about the search engines because your link
from the main page will drive customers to your webpage. Some search
engines (Google) crawl deep. That means that they will actually find
your webpage and index it.

There are plenty of other ways to market your items without using
spam. I'm working on a marketing page for the Professional Members on
my site.

Feel free to email me with any questions.

Take Care,

Michael Heindel, Owner www.handmadecatalog.com
Old September 25th 03, 05:32 AM
Harriet

I use a Free advertising tool. you can upgrade and pay but I have been
using it free for over a year. you can put a 200 character classified like
advert and the heading is a link to your page or ebay post too. when you
list you pick what audience you want to view your items so you don't waste
credits on techies or something.
First go to my site, and then exit it. at that point you should have the
start page on your screen which will instruct you how to sign up and list
your ad. you have to earn credits to keep it going so at the beginning you
have to go in an check to see how many credits you have. after a while it
just earns credits by itself with increasing traffic. a credit = showing
your link once in a carosel of classifieds ads. it's kinda fun too.
everyone helps each other. ok, here's my site.
http://paperandimages.home.att.net

m...

Old October 1st 03, 09:07 PM
Joe

Michael

The link to your site is not working, but that made me remember that I
still have a Geocities site at http://www.geocities.com/adriaang

Does anyone have suggestions for a url to submit my site to for
inclusion in search engines?

Thanks
Adriaan