Does this happen to anyone else after crocheting for a few hours?

Old September 28th 03, 08:04 PM
Mary

Default Does this happen to anyone else after crocheting for a few hours?

After I have been crocheting for a few hours, I get a red rash first
on my left arm about four inches away from my wrist ni a patch about
4-5 inches long and 2-3 wide. If I continue to crochet it starts to
appear on my right arm in the same place, and the left arm starts to
get welted. I was wondering if anyone else experiences this and have
you found out what it was caused by? Thanks.

Mary E. Glass
www.glasscrochet.com
Old September 29th 03, 06:27 AM
WONDER WOMAN

Old September 29th 03, 01:58 PM
Mary

Hi, it happens when I use all types, whether its yarn or cotton thread
and my thread never touches my left arm. Its painless but annoying
when the redness stays for a day after I stop. I am trying to get
ready for a craft show, so I have been crocheting alot non-stop.
Thanks for your input. Mary

(WONDER WOMAN) wrote in message ...
Could it be that you ar allergic to the yarn you are using. If the yarn
is anywhere close to where the rash starts this is possible..Just to
find out try another brand and see if the problem occurs.you might have
a reaction to the type of dye used to color the yarn as well.

How did this happen?!?!?!?! Mj Beads 4 October 3rd 04 11:25 PM
How did this happen? Cheri2Star Beads 11 September 23rd 04 09:34 PM
How does this happen? (boro question) Kyla Beads 4 January 15th 04 03:17 AM
What would happen to... Les & Claire Jewelry 11 July 12th 03 05:38 AM