Lids?

Old July 2nd 03, 04:36 PM
GaSeku

Default Lids?

I would like to throw some pieces that have lids and have a few questions. I
think it would be best to dry the two together, but how would you keep them
from adhering to one another? Also, when firing, if I wax the bottom of the
lid, would that be all I need to do to keep it from sticking to the pot? Thanks
all!
Old July 2nd 03, 04:57 PM
Deborah M Riel

In article ,
GaSeku wrote:
I would like to throw some pieces that have lids and have a few questions. I
think it would be best to dry the two together, but how would you keep them
from adhering to one another? Also, when firing, if I wax the bottom of the
lid, would that be all I need to do to keep it from sticking to the pot? Thanks
all!

If they're leather hard when you dry them together, they shouldn't
stick to each other. The only problem I could forsee in the drying
process is if the lid fit too tightly and and the pot shrunk a bit
while drying. Otherwise it should be fine at that stage.

When glazing, I wax both the gallery of the lid and the rim of the pot.
You have to be *sure* to wipe off any tiny bit of glaze that might be on the
pot and lid where they touch. They might stick anyway, but if it's
just a small area where they stick, give the pot a *gentle* whack or two
with a big stick to loosen them up.

Deb R.
Old July 4th 03, 02:23 AM
GaSeku