TIDBITS 07/13/03

Old July 13th 03, 11:01 PM
Benjamin Mark

Default TIDBITS 07/13/03

If any of you want Tidbits emailed directly, let me know and
I'll take care of it. Additionally, if you have friends who you
think would enjoy Tidbits, please make them aware of us...and
help me increase my circulation. URL (http://www.tyler-adam.com)

the Internet's fastest growing bead-only auction site.
JustBeads.com....finally an auction site for JustBeads!
http://www.justbeads.com
======================================

Gimme that odd-shaped Diamond.

China. 1200 B.C. The populace is busy. Geishas are
doing what Geishas are wont to do. They're busy
Geisha-ing. Out in the fields ... ancient rites so
dear to the human heart ... ancient rites genetically
linked to the very make-up of man ... ancient rites
which rational man can only hope will never be lost
through the haphazard changes of evolution ... are
being performed. I know not the name in Chinese. In
English ... the word used to describe these cherished
rites is: War.

Not far from the city gates the first encampment is busy
thrusting swords and practicing best ways to pierce flesh
while preparing for the big battle at hand. Over yonder
.... beyond dale ... is the next encampment of allies ...
also practicing their thrustings. There is no radio. The
winds -- though not powerful -- are strong enough to prevent
communications via smoke signals. And yet each leader of his
regiment is in clear and constant touch with the leader at
the other end of the dale. Oh how oh how you may all well
ask. And the answer is ....

Kites! Yes my friends. Before kites were ever made into toys
they were used as the only signaling devices available between
allied camps. Colors counted. Patterns counted. The way the
kites swayed in the air ... all these things made for a complex
and moderately efficient way of staying in touch. I extrapolate.
The kite is a blush-pink. It undulates back and forth in sensuous
rhythm under a balmy sky. The meaning: Yo. Henry. You still making
it with that pretty thing that works at the egg-roll factory?

Kites were even used--with marginal success--as one-man aircraft.
Our intrepid aviator of yesteryear gripped loops at the ends of the
kite and hoped for a strong wind. Up up and away ....

Kites eventually traveled to India and then to Europe. In the
beginning ... they all had the same function: Military application.
And then ... as they outlived their original purpose ... they became
the toys they are today. And then ... and then ... that old
kite-shaped toy became a paradigm for a diamond. It was called ...
oddly enough ... a kite-shaped diamond. Is there no end ... I ask you
dear reader ... is there no end to the originality and inventiveness
of the human mind?

So now ... being the insatiable seekers of curious things I know all
readers of Tidbits are ... you are probably asking: Hey. Benjamin.
Some of us have never seen jewelry made of kite-shaped diamonds. We
too would like our souls to soar--if not to the sky--then at least
with ecstasy in seeing some kite-shaped baubles. You got something to
show us ol' buddy ol' pal?

Oh how I do I do I do. Let me tell you what it is. A Pendant with five
kite-shaped diamonds and a matching pair of earrings. Go take a look.
Quite stunning.

For those of you who are new to this thing called Tidbits...may I
direct you to my home page at www.tyler-adam.com where you will scroll
down the left side menu till you get to the area that says Tidbits
Graphics ... and then click on the link that says: KiteDiamonds ...
where you'll see an image of a pendant and earring set in 18 karat
white gold.

And there ya have it.
That's it for this week folks.
Catch you all next week.
Benjamin Mark

All issues of Tidbits are copyrighted and available from our home
page. All rights reserved.
SIGN UP FOR OUR FREE E-MAIL NEWSLETTER: TIDBITS
Available From Our Home Page At:
http://www.tyler-adam.com
Any Day-Gifts Galore-Visit Tyler-Adam Corp.
--Browse the vast resources of TAC-Bourse--
--Our Diamond Search Engine--
TYLER-ADAM CORP.--Jewelry Manufacturers
Tel: 1-800-20-TYLER
E-Mail to:

TIDBITS 10/24/04 Benjamin Mark Jewelry 0 October 24th 04 11:59 PM
TIDBITS 10/24/04 Benjamin Mark Marketplace 0 October 24th 04 09:28 PM
TIDBITS 07/13/03 Benjamin Mark Jewelry 2 July 21st 03 05:22 AM
TIDBITSS 07/13/03 Benjamin Mark Marketplace 0 July 13th 03 11:01 PM
TIDBITS 07/13/03 Benjamin Mark Beads 0 July 13th 03 11:00 PM