Bernina 440 QE

Old January 11th 06, 12:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default Bernina 440 QE

Will the person who was looking at this machine, or anyone else who
knows what a reasonable price to pay for it is, please email me. It's
so hard to know if the "sales" being offered are real "sales" since
Bernina prohibits advertising of prices.

I am considering selling or trading in my 1630 and getting this
machine. I really liked the feel of it when I tried it and I think I
would like and use the BSR.

Linda
PATCHogue,NY
witchystitcheratgmaildotcom
Old January 11th 06, 03:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Hi Linda, My friend Jan works for a Bernina dealer. I will call her and
ask about the price. I will post the answer later or if you want offline.

Linda in Tx

Old January 11th 06, 05:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Only know for UK, about 1100 UKP. May well be cheaper for you there,
sorry I can't be more help.

In message , WitchyStitcher
writes

--
Jo P
Malvern UK
Old January 15th 06, 04:24 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Hi! I also have the 1630 and the Bernina Deco 650 embroidery machine. But
you're right -- that stitch regulator is to die for!! But I think that
pretty soon other machines will have their own version of the SR, and there
will be more competitive prices. I don't know how much it costs, but I can
well imagine --- WAY too much for me, right now!

I see Bernina has the regulator as an attachment for another of their
machines, can't remember which one.

I have too much invested in my 1630 -- MANY feet, walking foot, computer
designer software and cords, custom table, and such. I know I'd never get
what I'd want for it, and I sure don't see practically giving it away. It's
probably going to give me several more years of use, and I really do love
it.

I would like to find more Keys for it, but our Bernina dealer says they
don't have them anymore. If you decide to sell your 1630, and you have
extra Keys, I'd sure buy them from you. It's amazing how new technology
becomes "obsolete" before it even gathers dust. LOL

Guess I'll just have to keep practicin' my free motion machine quilting. I
have gotten better over the years, but that new one sure looks easy......

I hope you let us know what you decide to do. If you've had your 1630 since
she was new, she's probably like one of the family!

Take care.

René

Old January 16th 06, 05:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

My friend has the 200E and to upgrade her machine was about $1,000. Besides
the BSR they also put in a spot for the (sony type) memory sticks. Linda
in Tx

Old January 17th 06, 01:22 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Wow! That seems like a lot for an upgrade, but then the 200 is quite a
machine.

Linda
PATCHogue, NY

Old January 18th 06, 12:16 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

My upgrade was $1200. Just got my machine back and have been working 12 hour
days so haven't had a chance to try it out yet. I love my 200!!

--
Donna in NE La.

Bernina cord question nana2b Quilting 8 November 13th 05 04:45 PM
Bernina 1000 foot adapter LH Quilting 2 September 25th 05 01:16 PM
Huskystar, Bernina, Elna machines Maria Drago Sewing 0 August 10th 04 04:46 PM
Attention Bernina fanatics Polly Esther Quilting 10 May 29th 04 03:19 PM
Bernina 830 Polly Esther Quilting 5 September 6th 03 10:06 PM