Any one heard from friends in Hawai?

Old January 20th 10, 05:37 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Olwyn.Mary

Default Any one heard from friends in Haiti ? Israeli Field Hospitalalready set up in Haiti

Dr_brat wrote:
On Jan 18, 8:55 am, Cheryl Isaak wrote:

Haiti

And just remember there is a reason that entire island was pretty much
unpopulated when Columbus got there....

I wouldn't call 250,000 "unpopulated."

Elizabeth

Tell me more, please. References I can look up if poss.

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans
Old January 20th 10, 09:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
mirjam

On Jan 20, 12:27*pm, wrote:
On Tue, 19 Jan 2010 20:38:31 -0600, "Olwyn.Mary"
wrote:

mirjam wrote:
After the first wave of medical peole will live our group
of
http://www.israaid.org.il/member_page.asp?id=48

Israeli Flying Aid (IFA) is a non – for – profit, non governmental aid
organization which provides life saving aid to people affected by
natural and man made disasters in developing countries worldwide. IFA
provides assistance to all who are in need by distribution of relief
items, medical assistance and any other life saving methods.

will start their vulontary work ,
mirjam

There was a nice little story about this on Nightly News with Brian
Williams *this evening, Tuesday Jan 19. *If you go to (I think) msnbc
and look for the nightly news, you will spot it.

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans

This a.m. on our radio news they mentioned the Israeli team leaving
today.- Hide quoted text -

Your Radio is wrong
mirjam
Old January 20th 10, 11:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Bruce Fletcher

http://www.vosizneias.com/47327/2010/01/19/port-au-prince-haiti-israeli-rescuers-to-stay-for-another-month
--
Bruce Fletcher
Stronsay, Orkney

Old January 21st 10, 12:31 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Gillian Murray

wrote:

mirjam wrote:
[...]

Now, Mirjam we are not always right. Just look at the way Dianne
apologized to JIm Cripwell...who endorsed what I said., She called me a
liar. No apology to me either.

Some people are ..................no I bite my tongue. LOL Oh well,
stupid people are stll around, Lord help us they vote!! They do not
read all that is out there. The information Jim C had posted, I have
also read . My husband is a "news junky" I don't think that is a correct
word. He sends me the links, and I read about 50% f them (I have to
have time to clean and stitch).I really think he wants to know all the
facts.

It is a shame that the infrastructure in Haiti is so bad. It is good
that more planes can land. Even better is that the USSComfort, a
floating hospital, is off-shore with the choppers flying back and forth,\

Gillian

Old January 21st 10, 01:05 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Gillian Murray

wrote:
On Wed, 20 Jan 2010 19:31:52 -0500, Gillian Murray
wrote:
Now, Mirjam we are not always right. Just look at the way Dianne
apologized to JIm Cripwell...who endorsed what I said., She called me a
liar. No apology to me either.

Some people are ..................no I bite my tongue. LOL Oh well,
stupid people are stll around, Lord help us they vote!! They do not
read all that is out there. The information Jim C had posted, I have
also read . My husband is a "news junky" I don't think that is a correct
word. He sends me the links, and I read about 50% f them (I have to
have time to clean and stitch).I really think he wants to know all the
facts.

It is a shame that the infrastructure in Haiti is so bad. It is good
that more planes can land. Even better is that the USSComfort, a
floating hospital, is off-shore with the choppers flying back and forth,\

Gillian

I heard what I heard but I gather I am a liar, oh well. I hope we
have a good trip to hell, seems to me Dawne was put in the same
handbasket too sometime ago lol

We have people there too but I am not getting into a ****ing match on
what we are doing. I was happy to hear that individuals have
contributed $34 million to date to the Red Cross, more will have gone
to other concerns, that's just the Red Cross and the gubermint have
said they will double contributions so there is $68 million, that's
in addition to all the other stuff the gubermint is doing.

Like yours, our ships are off shore because there are no docks,
possibly dredging needs to be done too. Jaqmel where one ship is
moored is apparently the ancestral home of our current Gov. General.

I read today that some of our "dredging" ships are on the way to clear
out the harbour.

I also read that the Dominican republic is using their fields for landing.

We can castigate any country for not doing more...but if the
infrastructure is bad, that has to be fixed first.
Old January 21st 10, 04:52 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
mirjam

Your Radio is wrong
mirjam

http://www.vosizneias.com/47327/2010/01/19/port-au-prince-haiti-israe...
--
Bruce Fletcher
Stronsay, Orkney
(Remove dentures to reply)

Thank you Bruce , i intended to copy here an article from
International H`Aretz` , but you spre me the work.
mirjam
Old January 21st 10, 05:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Dawne Peterson

lucretiaborgia wrote
Gillian Murray wrote:

[...]

However many stars are in my crown, I would rather be in the handbasket with
my friends than lonely in heaven!!

The outpouring of individual donations is worldwide; governments can be
slowmoving things, but individuals give what they can. I would bet there
were few places of worship that did not take up collections for Haiti over
the weekend. There are signs in many businesses that they are collecting
for the Red Cross. The company I work for will match donations we make, and
the government will match those. And I think this must be going on around
the world. Only $120 buys a kit of tarpaulins, ropes, roofing nails,
roofing tin and basic tools so that people can repair a home enough to have
some shelter.

There was an article in our local newspaper today on how many rumours and
false stories are out there about Haiti, including on Twitter, Facebook and
being spread by email. It is hardly surprising that there is erroneous
information, and that some of it get picked up by newsmedia. It is chaotic
down there.

Dawne

OT - Heard from our friends MRH Yarn 11 August 28th 05 09:01 AM
if anyone has heard and is looking for me Tamira Needlework 0 June 12th 04 01:24 PM
Have you heard this one? kteedidit Machine Knit 0 December 24th 03 12:04 PM
Heard from my Dad Helen \Halla\ Fleischer Yarn 6 October 30th 03 11:32 PM
anyone heard of this? m4816k Jewelry 3 July 28th 03 10:59 AM