Mostly OFF TOPIC - I'm back

Old January 25th 10, 01:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

Default Mostly OFF TOPIC - I'm back

From St Albans VT - where DD had a hockey tourney. We drove up after school
on Thursday, had a good meal with several lovely drinks called "Goombay
Smashes" and hit the sack after the pool. It is a good three hour drive,
made quite interesting by Route 89 being completely dark for long stretches
- no road lights, no cars and no houses. Occasionally, a car would appear on
my right traveling on the old access road. That was scary the first time.

Games were close, but E's team mates aren't used to physical play. Thank
heavens, E is, because she could at least get some payback for her smaller
teammates. Some of the these 12 yo's were my height (5'8") or taller; I'd
put average height around 4'9". E scored the only Hurricanes' goal of the
weekend, tying the game. That one goal is the reason the team made it to the
semifinals. In the next game, she received the "Heart and Hustle" Award. In
the semifinal, of the 5 shots on net, she had 3 of them.

Lets see - some knitting done, about 10 stitches in little cardinal
challenge I'm doing with a birding buddy. Broke on of my bamboo needles,
sigh, hoping Elmers will do the trick other wise I'm going to replace them.
No reading except menus. Killed one bottle of single malt with the Dads.
Didn't spend out the cash, have a little more collecting to do for the game
photos - professionally taken. There are post goal photos but not the goal.

Glad to be home though.

Cheryl

Old January 25th 10, 04:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan E.

On Jan 25, 7:44*am, Cheryl Isaak wrote:

Games were close, but E's team mates aren't used to physical play. Thank
heavens, E is, because she could at least get some payback for her smaller
teammates. Some of the these 12 yo's were my height (5'8") or taller; I'd
put average height around 4'9". E scored the only Hurricanes' goal of the
weekend, tying the game. That one goal is the reason the team made it to the
semifinals. In the next game, she received the "Heart and Hustle" Award. In
the semifinal, of the 5 shots on net, she had 3 of them.

Congrats to Elise for the goals *and* the award! You must be one
proud Mama!

Joan