Climate Change

Old January 20th 10, 12:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

Default Climate Change

On 1/20/10 5:26 AM, in article ,
" wrote:

On Tue, 19 Jan 2010 22:04:19 -0600, "Fred" wrote:

As a matter of interest,
What does the normal polluting kitty litter get RECYCLED into if anything???

My cats litter is made from recycled newspaper, I know that. I am not
aware of it being recycled into anything after she uses it, it goes to
landfill - just like human baby diapers and presumably Casey's
leavings !

Why ? Is this a trick question ?

I know of people that compost their kitty litter - for non-food gardening.
It is only certain types, but it does heat up nicely I hear.

Old January 20th 10, 12:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Tia Mary

Fred wrote:
As a matter of interest,
What does the normal polluting kitty litter get RECYCLED into if anything???

Fred

Kitty Kompost, of course! Poo is poo and the litter we use is a
biodegradable, natural product. What do you do with Casey's Doggie
DooDoo? CiaoMeow ^;;^

PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^ (RCTQ Queen of Kitties)
their whiskers!
Visit my Photo albums at http://community.webshots.com/user/tiamary
Old January 20th 10, 07:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Dianne Lewandowski

F.James Cripwell wrote:
I hesitate to respond to this, but I know you are a very intelligent
woman, Dianne, and his sort of thing troubles me. It was several hours
after Steve McIntyre posted on ClimateAudit "A miracle has happened", that
I was aware of the leak of the CRU files. By that time, Gavin Schmidt (or
whoever) had posted a similar piece, to yours, on RealClimate. This is the
line the supporters of AGW have successfully maintained ever since Climategate
broke. It is the line that has been written by the mainstream media. It
was quite impossible for the full implications of Climategate to be
understood, when RealClimate wrote it. It was several days before the files
were available in searchable form, and several more days before the full
imploications became clear.

One of the key issues, to me, is the effect on the CRU files on the
dendrochronology data and analysis. This was mainly the work by Keith
Briffa. The key parts of the CRU files are the "Harry - Read me" files,
and Michael Mann's now infamous statement of "hide the decline". I dont
want to go into details at the moment, but are you claiming, Dianne, that
you have read, in detail, the "Harry - read me" files, and still believe
what you seem to? That "badly skewed" is over the top language? I
suggest the "Harry-read me" files show that the data was very badly
skewed indeed. Jim.

Dianne Lewandowski ) writes:
Actually, I read reports about this and what you say is simply not true.
Anyone interested can Google the mess. "Badly skewed" is over the top
language.
(snip)
Dianne

I defer to you. I was misinformed. :~) Not only misinformed, but
under educated.
Dianne
Old January 20th 10, 08:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
F.James Cripwell

Dianne, A very sincere thanks for your reply. Jim.

Old January 21st 10, 03:38 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Fred

"Tia Mary" wrote in message
Fred wrote:
As a matter of interest,
What does the normal polluting kitty litter get RECYCLED into if
anything???

Fred

Kitty Kompost, of course! Poo is poo and the litter we use is a
biodegradable, natural product. What do you do with Casey's Doggie
DooDoo? CiaoMeow ^;;^

PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^ (RCTQ Queen of Kitties)
their whiskers!
Visit my Photo albums at http://community.webshots.com/user/tiamary

If Casey's Doggie Doo Doo means what I think, there is a local firm here
that disposes of it when we call for a pick-up.
Our Vet that tells us that due to the fact our pet dogs and pest cats eat
mostly processed foods that the resulting Doo Doo has no beneficial
properties for garden, flower beds or lawns what so ever and probably does
the environment more harm than good.

Fred
http://www.stitchaway.com
If nothing changes, nothing changes.
Don't back stitch to email, just stitchit.

Climate Change?? The Lady Gardener[_3_] Needlework 0 January 18th 10 03:37 AM
Let's Change!!! Marilee M Beads 1 July 11th 09 10:09 AM
Change for me...... Laurie G. Quilting 7 February 7th 07 02:40 PM
Change of name Cats Quilting 1 March 1st 06 10:17 PM
Storing rubber stamps in a hot climate Lee Choquette Rubberstamps 2 July 25th 05 09:41 PM