Hey Everybody

Old January 17th 10, 06:21 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
LesaLesa

Default Hey Everybody

Just a quick "hello" to some friends will I was surfing around. Nice
to see the names :-) and know you all are still stiching away. I
haven't picked up a needle except to sew on a pants button or two
since I stopped designing.

I've been praying about getting back into the biz but see many things
have changed. But God has never stopped His Saints from doing what He
wants. So if you will, my brethren, join me in my prayers that if it
is the Lords will that I once again pick up the needle and fabric; I'm
reluctant but willing. I feel His tucking at my heart to carry His
message in the gift He has given me.

It's nice to see so many have become designers since I've left and sad
to see so many have left the profession. Nobody ever said it was
gonna be easy.

And I have to say...I got a chuckle about Natalie F. still being
around...my goodness I left atleast 6 yrs ago and that whole fiasco
was going on. LOL! Some things never end.

Grace & Peace

Lesa Steele
Old January 17th 10, 01:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Jane Yeoman

Default My cat like Cheeto

You may remember I lurk but had to post when I saw a picture of little
Cheeto as at about the same time an almost identical kitten had found
his way into my life. I wanted to give an update on him and give a
warning to all with curious kittens.

He ended up with the name Stitches after surgery to repair puncture
wounds from another animal. That went fine but about a month later he
began to have a terrible nasal noise and nasal discharge which
eventually led to violent blood tinged sneezing. Working with our vet,
he was diagnosed with feline HIV and tested for cat scratch fever,
leukemia, etc. 3 rounds of antibiotics had no effect. I suspected an
object in his nose but he was so small, no one had a probe small enough
to fit up his nose. He continued to be the most loving cat I have ever
owned though he sounded like Darth Vader most of the time.

I next took him to the Ohio State University Veterinary Clinic hoping
they might have tools and expertise to help Stitches. They did a CAT
scan suspecting polyps but found none. After two probes from two angles
they found the culprit. Stitches had swallowed and then upchucked
synthetic strings from the edge of a carpet remnant my grand daughter
played with and then left forgotten on a low shelf. The strings are
tangled where the end of his throat and nasal cavity meet. Stitches
will have to have an invasive surgery to hopefully remove the mess. He
does not have feline HIV either.

I am embarrassed and distressed that we overlooked the danger of his
ingesting the strings. We knew he chewed on everything and we checked
the toxicity of the plants he attacked and knew yarn, cotton strings,
etc. were potential problems, but we just didn't check enough for what
little Stitches would find.

We are extremely fond of this little guy and hope he survives the
surgery and can be a "normal" cat. He certainly has a lot of
personality.

Jane
Old January 17th 10, 02:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Tia Mary

The kitties and I are sending prayers and all sorts of "good stuff"
to help Stitches with his problems. He sounds so sweet and like such a
wonderful little guy that I am sure he is worth the hassle to you. If
he is anywhere near as great a kitten as Cheeto is, I KNOW he's worth it
all! As Sheena said -- don't beat yourself up about the carpet remnant.
You can only do so much and you DID check everything you could think
of! Sounds to MOI like you have been and are still a GREAT cat mom
{{{{Jane, Stitches & Family))). CiaoMeow ^;;^

--
PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^ (RCTQ Queen of Kitties)
their whiskers!
Old January 17th 10, 03:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Jane Yeoman

Thanks for the kind words about Stitches.

Fortunately my husband is very fond of him also and is anxious for the
little guy to have his breathing back to normal.

Just wanted to give everyone a word of warning.
Old January 17th 10, 08:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan E.

On Jan 17, 12:21*am, LesaLesa wrote:
Just a quick "hello" to some friends will I was surfing around. *Nice
to see the names :-) and know you all are still stiching away. *I
haven't picked up a needle except to sew on a pants button or two
since I stopped designing.

LESA!!! *So* nice to hear from you! I know there are many of us who
miss your designs. Yours were the first ones that actually tempted me
to try hardanger and drawn thread work!

Take time to do what you need to do. I'm sure you'll know when that
muse calls you again!

In the meantime, stay and chat with us.

Joan
Old January 17th 10, 08:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Dawne Peterson

"LesaLesa" wrote
Just a quick "hello" to some friends will I was surfing around. Nice
to see the names :-) and know you all are still stiching away. I
haven't picked up a needle except to sew on a pants button or two
since I stopped designing.

I've been praying about getting back into the biz but see many things
have changed. But God has never stopped His Saints from doing what He
wants. So if you will, my brethren, join me in my prayers that if it
is the Lords will that I once again pick up the needle and fabric; I'm
reluctant but willing. I feel His tucking at my heart to carry His
message in the gift He has given me.

(snip) VBG-- I have never been anybody's brethren. When I took this up with
a previous priest in our parish who was always saying "my brethren this" and
"our brethren that" (particularly funny at evening services attended
entirely by women) he gallantly decided to try to change. So I had to
duck down behind my prayer desk one morning when he addressed the
congregation as "my brethren and sistern".
Dawne

Old January 17th 10, 09:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Dawne Peterson

"Jane Yeoman" wrote .
Thanks for the kind words about Stitches.

Fortunately my husband is very fond of him also and is anxious for the
little guy to have his breathing back to normal.

Just wanted to give everyone a word of warning.

If we started a list of all the things curious cats can get in to---it would
be a very long list indeed. Glad to hear Stitches is on his way back to
normal.

Dawne

Old January 19th 10, 10:56 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Donna D.

Nice to hear from you again. I hope you do get back to designing again. Or
at least stitching.
Donna