OT way OT rain!

Old February 11th 07, 02:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

Default OT way OT rain!

This morning I woke up to the sound of real rain falling. Real
wet the ground and water the newly planted strawberry patch rain!

Year to date rain (since july 1) has been .17 officially.
Normal is 5.6. We don't get much here anyway, it is the desert
after all but some is kind of nice.

It is a wonderful thing!

Taria

Old February 11th 07, 03:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate G.

Where is "here" Taria?

We still have snow on our frozen ground. Although we've had several days of bright sunshine --
today is a typical Michigan gray day.

Kate in MI

Old February 11th 07, 04:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

I am in Victorville. I am right off I-15 between LA and Vegas.
It is the high desert, about 3200' elavation. The sun is peeking
out a bit and rain has stopped. The ground is wet though.
I feel for you folks in really cold country. Having lived my life
in So. Cal (with a year of Fl thrown in) I don't understand a
really cold climate. We are pretty spoiled here.
Spring is just around the corner, I hope.
Taria

Old February 11th 07, 04:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

I'm in Victorville. We moved back up here from San Bernardino
last fall. I grew up in Yorba Linda and Mission Viejo and
then lived in San Diego for 9 years after I married. I'm still
wonder how I ended up in the desert but I have learned to
enjoy it a lot. I don't know much about cold climate living.
When I moved to the desert I didn't even own a warm coat!

Where in LA are you Debi?
The Debbi with 2 'b's is in Laguna Niguel and Teri is in Mission
Viejo. Ginger is over in Ventura. Butterfly left us.
There aren't very many of us So. Cal. gals hanging out here.
Taria

Old February 11th 07, 05:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
DLW

I knew there was a Debbi in So Cal but didn't know she was in LAGUNA
NIGUEL!! wow that is close. I bet she spends alot of time in MATERIAL
POSSESSIONS. I am just too far to run down there much. I am in Lakewood
(long beach area) I have an Aunt and uncle and cousins in Victorville
debi

Old February 11th 07, 05:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

That's funny, I have a cousin in Lakewood.
Uncle, aunt and grandparents in Long Beach
are all gone now but we spent a lot of time
there as kids. Too much time in the last
few years at the big catholic cemetary in
LB (can't remember the name though)
I think Debbi hangs out at Leah's. SHe was
talking about moving. Where is she hiding?
Taria

Old February 11th 07, 06:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

In article 6%Fzh.628$hp4.506@trnddc02,
Taria wrote:

This morning I woke up to the sound of real rain falling. Real
wet the ground and water the newly planted strawberry patch rain!

Year to date rain (since july 1) has been .17 officially.
Normal is 5.6. We don't get much here anyway, it is the desert
after all but some is kind of nice.

It is a wonderful thing!

Taria

Lucky! We were supposed to have rain here today, too, but so far the sky
doesn't look like it's heard the forecast. We *need* rain!

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
sfoster 1 (at) earthlink (dot) net (remove/change the obvious)
Old February 11th 07, 08:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy Ellison Sandy Ellison is offline
Banned

Howdy!

Glad you like your climate(s), T.

I couldn't live without more rain, green growing land,
some cold thrown in to help me recover from our horrid summers.
"Spoiled" is having what we like. ;-)

M-i-l in El Paso: But it's a DRY heat.
R/S: So is an oven but I don't want to bake in there, either. ;-D

R/Sandy--quilting in purple

Old February 11th 07, 09:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Butterflywings

is THAT what woke me at eek o'clock? we have a skylight in the bathroom
area. Not use to that 0-- let alone the sound of something hitting on it in
the middle of the night.
had a few more sprinkles when we were outside talking with the
neighbor--didn't even move into the garage before it was on its way....been
cloudy since

Butterfly (68.8° at 2:45 PM)