Flea Market Find

Old December 23rd 04, 02:49 AM
SunnyQuilt

Default Flea Market Find

My DD and I went to a flea market this morning and we came upon a vendor with a
pile of old quilt tops for sale -- scrappy 30s-looking quilt tops. He said
there were 4 tops and he wanted $10 apiece for them. I flipped carelessly
through the tops without unfolding them and sort of looked disinterested. He
said he'd throw in the box of fabric he'd gotten with the tops. I glanced at
the box and saw what looked like a feed sack on top. I said, "Would you take
$30?" He countered with $35. I accepted!

When we got the tops and box home I was so excited! There were 5 quilt tops and
the box (which was really heavy) had whole feed sacks, fabric that looks like
feed sack material (I need to check closer to see if I can see holes where the
seam string may have been), a couple of old cotton skirts, other fabrics, and
an incompletely embroidered tablecloth that had been preprinted. The tablecloth
is stained and has a large hole. I need to look more closely at the tops.

A great find, don't you think?

SunnyQuilt
Old December 23rd 04, 03:14 AM
Lisa Ellis

SunnyQuilt wrote:
[...]

You do know how to bargin! I used to spend a lot of time looking for
old material and quilt tops at flea markets and rarely made such finds...

Have fun sorting through you treasures...

lisae

Old December 23rd 04, 03:16 AM
Pauline O'Connell

I'd say you got an early Xmas present! Hmmm! Note to self - check out flea
markets in 2005! And you handled the transaction so expertly!

Pauline

Old December 23rd 04, 03:27 AM
Dee in Oz

Great bargain, well done.

Dee in Oz

Old December 23rd 04, 11:56 AM
Carolyn McCarty

Wow, bonus day! Have fun sorting through the finds, Sunny!

--
Carolyn in The Old Pueblo
take out nospam to reply

If it ain't broke, you're not trying. --Red Green

If at first you don't succeed, switch to power tools. --Red Green

Old December 23rd 04, 03:25 PM
frood

I've always known you have that knack for finding! Congratulations!

--
Wendy
de-fang email address to reply

Old December 23rd 04, 05:38 PM