OFF TOPIC - looking for opinions

Old June 10th 09, 12:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

Default OFF TOPIC - looking for opinions

First - I have no clue how I got on their mailing list, but I get auction
preview flyers from a large auction house in Atlanta...

Yesterday, I got another and for the first time time in ages, instead of
drooling, I went GACK...

So, what do you folks think

http://www.redbaronsantiques.com/CF1263.htm

If I take away the upholstery, I can appreciate it. I could appreciate the
upholstery on a different suite, something more "American"

Cheryl

Old June 10th 09, 12:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lucille

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message
First - I have no clue how I got on their mailing list, but I get auction
preview flyers from a large auction house in Atlanta...

Yesterday, I got another and for the first time time in ages, instead of
drooling, I went GACK...

So, what do you folks think

http://www.redbaronsantiques.com/CF1263.htm

If I take away the upholstery, I can appreciate it. I could appreciate the
upholstery on a different suite, something more "American"

Cheryl

Personally my taste runs to contemporary, modern, oriental and/or colonial
style, but I could see the carved piece in someone else's very ornate
living room. A plain silk upholstery would enhance the wood and calm it
down.

The upholstery IMHO should have stayed in it's original state on the cow.

Old June 10th 09, 12:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 6/10/09 7:39 AM, in article ,
"lucille" wrote:

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message
First - I have no clue how I got on their mailing list, but I get auction
preview flyers from a large auction house in Atlanta...

Yesterday, I got another and for the first time time in ages, instead of
drooling, I went GACK...

So, what do you folks think

http://www.redbaronsantiques.com/CF1263.htm

If I take away the upholstery, I can appreciate it. I could appreciate the
upholstery on a different suite, something more "American"

Cheryl

Personally my taste runs to contemporary, modern, oriental and/or colonial
style, but I could see the carved piece in someone else's very ornate
living room. A plain silk upholstery would enhance the wood and calm it
down.

The upholstery IMHO should have stayed in it's original state on the cow.

I could see the cow hide on some Western or "cabin" style...

Cheryl

Old June 10th 09, 03:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

Gotta be from Texas !- Hide quoted text -

My thought exactly!
Old June 10th 09, 07:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Pat P[_2_]

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message
First - I have no clue how I got on their mailing list, but I get auction
preview flyers from a large auction house in Atlanta...

Yesterday, I got another and for the first time time in ages, instead of
drooling, I went GACK...

So, what do you folks think

http://www.redbaronsantiques.com/CF1263.htm

If I take away the upholstery, I can appreciate it. I could appreciate the
upholstery on a different suite, something more "American"

Cheryl

I definitely agree, Cheryl - the cowhide ruins it`s AWFUL! An old friend of
mine had a very similar sofa in her bedroom (a GENUINE antique) covered in a
lovely muted red velvet, which looked lovely. After she died it went for a
small fortune at auction.

Pat

Old June 10th 09, 11:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ellice

On 6/10/09 7:31 AM, "Cheryl Isaak" wrote:

First - I have no clue how I got on their mailing list, but I get auction
preview flyers from a large auction house in Atlanta...

Yesterday, I got another and for the first time time in ages, instead of
drooling, I went GACK...

So, what do you folks think

http://www.redbaronsantiques.com/CF1263.htm

If I take away the upholstery, I can appreciate it. I could appreciate the
upholstery on a different suite, something more "American"

Cheryl

Get a bigger basin ;^p I've never been fond of cowhide upholstery, and
definitely not on ornate Victoriana. For that matter, I'm really not fond
of typical Victorian style furniture. But, with different covering it could
be nice. Or something.

Ellice

Old June 11th 09, 02:27 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Olwyn Mary

ellice wrote:

Get a bigger basin ;^p I've never been fond of cowhide upholstery, and
definitely not on ornate Victoriana. For that matter, I'm really not fond
of typical Victorian style furniture. But, with different covering it could
be nice. Or something.

Ellice

Provided you have a downtrodden Victorian maid to keep it dusted, that is.

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans
Old June 11th 09, 09:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Michelle[_2_]

wrote in message

Gotta be from Texas !- Hide quoted text -

My thought exactly!

Oh! No! Even we have better taste than that!
Michelle (in Texas)

Old June 12th 09, 12:53 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
fran

I'd have to wear blindfolds whenever I went in the room - bleech!
However, I have a friend who'd looooves that type of stuff. Luckily
for her (IMO), she's in the midst of paying for daughter's college and
wedding expenses.....I'm going to have to send her the link