OFF TOPIC - boy do I feel old all of a sudden

Old June 5th 09, 07:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

Default OFF TOPIC - boy do I feel old all of a sudden

Yesterday, DS got his license. Being a loving mom or complete push over, I
let him take my car today. He came home from school, asked for some gas
money and went for a ride.

SIGH

Old June 5th 09, 09:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Dawne Peterson

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote
Yesterday, DS got his license. Being a loving mom or complete push over, I
let him take my car today. He came home from school, asked for some gas
money and went for a ride.

I was sooo happy when DS got his license. It takes away all those "can you
drive me here" "can Sean get a ride home" "but we are having an extra
practice tonight" things that eat up so much time. It was also great fun
to see him being the one hustling DD, since he would be driving to school,
and didn't want to be late. He turned out to be a very good driver, as did
DD apart from a couple of speeding tickets....
I loved it.

Dawne

Old June 8th 09, 03:26 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Dawne Peterson

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote
"Dawne Peterson" wrote:

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote
Yesterday, DS got his license. Being a loving mom or complete push over,
let him take my car today. He came home from school, asked for some gas
money and went for a ride.

I was sooo happy when DS got his license. It takes away all those "can
you
drive me here" "can Sean get a ride home" "but we are having an extra
practice tonight" things that eat up so much time. It was also great
fun
to see him being the one hustling DD, since he would be driving to
school,
and didn't want to be late. He turned out to be a very good driver, as
did
DD apart from a couple of speeding tickets....
I loved it.

Dawne

Actually, he put gas in out of his own money and just ran off to buy skate
laces....

Other than being stranded today, it felt good in a sad sort of way

Cheryl

All of those milestone moments sort of do that--we raise them to fly away,
but it does tug the heart to see them getting close to that, doesn't it??

Dawne

Old June 8th 09, 03:39 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Olwyn Mary

Dawne Peterson wrote:
"Cheryl Isaak" wrote

"Dawne Peterson" wrote:

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote

Yesterday, DS got his license. Being a loving mom or complete push over,
let him take my car today. He came home from school, asked for some gas
money and went for a ride.

Relax, Cheryl. Enjoy. I remember when my ds got his license.
Suddenly, he was willing to cart his little sister around!!! If I needed
milk, he VOLUNTEERED to get some!!! I'll never forget his face the
time, just a couple of months later, when we were both going to the
church camp for a weekend program (dh was coming later, after he got off
work). I had been rushing around all day, doing chores, packing, etc.
We got to the car, I tossed him the keys and said "you drive. I'm
tired". Oh WOW. What's more, it was the "good" car.

Then, I went to sleep in the passenger seat while he got us there.
Blessed rest.

As I said, enjoy.

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans
Old June 8th 09, 12:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 6/7/09 10:26 PM, in article
tel, "Dawne Peterson"
wrote:

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote
"Dawne Peterson" wrote:

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote
[...]

I suspect that when he leaves for a PG year or college, I will be ok at
first. DD leaves overnight, and my heart breaks.