Traveling tea cozy

Old May 28th 09, 12:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

Default Traveling tea cozy

So who wants in?

And who will make the tea cozy? I would, but my sewing machine is deader
than a door nail.

Cheryl

Old May 28th 09, 02:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

On May 28, 6:12*am, Cheryl Isaak wrote:
So who wants in?

And who will make the tea cozy? I would, but my sewing machine is deader
than a door nail.

Cheryl

Since this is the place to say who wants in, me! New home, iced tea.
can't sew the cozy though.

linda
Old May 29th 09, 01:07 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Dawne Peterson

"Bruce Fletcher wrote

IMHO a "proper" tea cozy should be knitted not sewn
--

I dunno--I have a red plaid one that was my Grandma's that is extremely
proper. It even has a tidy little pocket, with a thistle on it (the thistle

Dawne

Old May 29th 09, 02:57 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

On May 28, 12:32*pm, Gillian Murray wrote:
Bruce Fletcher (remove dentures to reply) wrote:

IMHO a "proper" tea cozy should be knitted not sewn

Right on, Bruce. One rarely saw sewn ones when I lived in UK, other than
in gift shops. To be honest, though I don't remember buying them, my
mother and I always knitted them.

Knitted? Really?

*wanders off to look for cozy patterns"

Elizabeth

Old May 29th 09, 03:06 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Olwyn Mary

Dawne Peterson wrote:
"Bruce Fletcher wrote

IMHO a "proper" tea cozy should be knitted not sewn
--

I dunno--I have a red plaid one that was my Grandma's that is extremely
proper. It even has a tidy little pocket, with a thistle on it (the thistle
had faded, so I repainted it a few years back.) It emanates decorum and
propriety whenever it makes an appearance.

Dawne

The pocket is meant to hold a small, matching potholder with which to
hold the teapot handle if it is not insulated.

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans

I thought they said TEA cozy, not TREE cozy! Mystified One[_2_] Yarn 1 March 15th 08 03:55 PM
apple cozy Millie James Yarn 1 December 12th 07 02:12 PM
QI tea cozy Val Quilting 7 November 14th 07 06:32 PM
OT - calling Cozy Queen of Squishies Quilting 0 January 14th 04 11:56 PM
Tea Cozy Shirley Luton Yarn 14 November 29th 03 08:37 PM