Ping! Karen C.

Old April 30th 09, 03:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Olwyn Mary

Default Ping! Karen C.

The current ASG (American Sewing Guild) magazine has a glowing report of
a fabric store near you, J R Flamingo Fine Fabrics & More, 1139 Fulton
Ave #C.

Have you been there? Do you know anything about it? Might it be worth
a visit next time I come to see the grandbabies?

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans
Old May 1st 09, 09:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
MelissaD

Olwyn Mary wrote:
The current ASG (American Sewing Guild) magazine has a glowing report of
a fabric store near you, J R Flamingo Fine Fabrics & More, 1139 Fulton
Ave #C.

Have you been there? Do you know anything about it? Might it be worth
a visit next time I come to see the grandbabies?

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans

I visited this shop a few years back - they've since relocated to
another neighborhood. The owners had come and given a program at our
local EGA chapter.

I recall lots of luxurious and fun fabrics - different than what you'd
see in a regular quilt shop though. with lots of extra goodies -
feathers and trims and buttons and doll-making, beading, etc. I liked
it - but haven't been recently.

Here's their website:
http://jrflamingofabrics.com/default.aspx

MelissaD
Old May 1st 09, 09:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Olwyn Mary

Karen C in California wrote:
Olwyn Mary wrote:

The current ASG (American Sewing Guild) magazine has a glowing report
of a fabric store near you, J R Flamingo Fine Fabrics & More, 1139
Fulton Ave #C.

Have you been there? Do you know anything about it? Might it be
worth a visit next time I come to see the grandbabies?

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans

I have not been there. Didn't even know it exists. Next time we're in
the area, I'll pop in and have a look.

Thanks. I'll be interested to hear your report. (This is the second
weekend of JazzFest. How come you aren't occupying my guestroom?????)

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans
Old May 2nd 09, 10:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Olwyn Mary

Karen C in California wrote:
Olwyn Mary wrote:

(This is the second weekend of JazzFest. How come you aren't
occupying my guestroom?????)

Because my boys aren't in N'Awlins; they just put on a big production
back home.

Anyway, I've been waiting for a big trial to start. We "thought" it was
going this week, but they've kicked it over again, maybe next week. When
I'm doing trial, it's all night, every night, so I'd be locked in your
guest room, cracking the door only long enough to accept dinner on a tray.

Oh well, it would be a shame to waste travel costs to come here and not
see the place - too much to do and see around here. You are excused
(only continued, not dismissed).

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans.

Ping Karen in OK? Sherry Quilting 2 May 10th 08 09:19 PM
PING: The Karen Tia Mary Needlework 7 May 4th 08 07:36 PM
Ping: Karen Sunny Quilting 2 June 5th 07 05:25 PM
Ping: Karen Sunny Quilting 0 February 16th 07 04:54 PM
Ping Karen K AZ Bacchae Beads 1 September 16th 04 04:47 AM