1/12 scale wire coathangers

Old February 12th 04, 11:17 PM
Millie

Default 1/12 scale wire coathangers

I make these if you want some, email me for prices, they ship in an
envelope.

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/peb...ppie/my_photos

Millie

Old February 15th 04, 11:09 PM
Pam

"BetsyB" betsy959atoptonline.net wrote in message ...
Colored telephone wire makes attractive hangers.

--

BetsyB
"Millie" wrote in message
om...
I make these if you want some, email me for prices, they ship in an
envelope.

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/peb...ppie/my_photos

Millie

This is selling? What is it that makes this post wrong and a url below
your signature ok? Spell it out for me, I guess I can't read between
the lines.

Pam
Old February 17th 04, 09:24 PM
Pam

(Chuck) wrote in message ...
On 15 Feb 2004 14:09:28 -0800,
(Pam) wrote:

This is selling? What is it that makes this post wrong and a url below
your signature ok? Spell it out for me, I guess I can't read between
the lines.

It's not really all that complicated. Putting a url in your sig file
has been an accepted pointer for at least the 10 years that I've been
on the Internet and the 8 or so years I've been on UseNet. It doesn't
have to be "on topic" since it is part of your signature.

Posting a message which has the sole purpose of selling something is
posting an advertisement. People have been complaining about this on
every "no selling" newsgroup I've ever seen, and have used the same
excuses hundreds and hundreds of times. It's still wrong, it still
disrespects everybody else who follows the rules and it is still
considered abuse of the newsgroup.

--
Chuck *#:^)
chaz3913(AT)yahoo(DOT)com

September 11, 2001 - Never Forget

I got Millie to "sell" me some of her coathangers, they cost me a
postage stamp, she is sending me a dozen. I posted a reply to chuck,
it never showed up here, what gives?

I asked to hear from the moderator, nothing in reply, is chuck in
charge while she is away?

Pam
Old February 17th 04, 10:31 PM
Herb

Pam wrote:

(Chuck) wrote in message ...
On 15 Feb 2004 14:09:28 -0800,
(Pam) wrote:

[...]

Your last message before this was dated 12:19 pm Monday (US Eastern Std.
Time). Your own newsserver may have missed it, but it DID show up.

I asked to hear from the moderator, nothing in reply, is chuck in
charge while she is away?

No. See below.

There is NO moderator for this group. Anything sent to the group gets
posted (barring technical glitches), and anybody can answer anything.
As Chuck does point out, this group is pretty much self-managed.

All groups attract self-appointed guardians of truth, justice, and the
internet way. All are usually well-meaning, but their methods vary from
gentle to flaming dictators. Chuck is somewhere in-between.

Like most newsgroups that have been around a while, the original charter
reflects its time. Some people are not comfortable with change of any
kind, but today's environment is substantially different. This is no
longer (if it ever was) the only available arena for the discussion of
miniatures. Nor is the internet the exclusive domain of technical
leaders who would read FAQs faithfully and lurk for months before
participating. Rather, it is now instantly available to tens of millions
of AOL users (no disrepect intended).

Nobody should expect instant adherence by every newcomer to a set of
"rules" that are, at best, difficult to find even if one knows to look
for them! But because there are well-intentioned but often abrasive
Chucks in every newsgroup, a certain amount of thick skin is needed.

It's also too bad that a lack of plain ordinary politeness (on ALL
sides) is just self-defeating. Itan contribute to increased hostility
and a non-use of a newsgroup — exactly what everyone, no matter what
their methods or positions, tries to prevent.

- Herb
Old February 18th 04, 03:35 AM
Millie

(Chuck) wrote in message ...
On 17 Feb 2004 12:24:46 -0800,
(Pam) wrote:

[This is giving me a headache...]

I got Millie to "sell" me some of her coathangers, they cost me a
postage stamp, she is sending me a dozen. I posted a reply to chuck,
it never showed up here, what gives?

I'm delighted you got your coathangers.

Write to your isp and ask them why your they're not picking up all of
the messages on the news server. Or you can just go to Google and
type in rec.crafts.dollhouses and get the full archives there,
including current messages, bearing in mind that new messages take
anywhere from 3 to 9 hours to show up there.

I asked to hear from the moderator, nothing in reply, is chuck in
charge while she is away?

There is no "official" moderator, this being an unmoderated group and
all, and nobody is "in charge," so nobody is "away." You would save
yourself a lot of typing if you would take a few minutes and go to the
newsgroup news.announce.newusers and look at some of the myriad of
useful FAQs that are posted there. Perhaps that would clear some of
these nagging questions up for you.

I don't know if you know this, but since I found this group simply by
using google groups, not some newsgroup news. announce whatever, and
there is no reference to it, just how am I supposed to find these bits
of information that aren't posted here? I can't speak for Pam or any
others, but I guess things have changed since you started 10 years
ago, I cruised in here thinking I could discuss dollhouses and such,
not how to run around the
WWW.???? looking for???

I'm just a simple ole country girl with a talent for making things.

You figure out how to run the internet, I want to work with my hands,
making more minnie things.

Millie
All gave some
Some gave All
Let us never forget them!

Old February 18th 04, 04:38 AM
Shelly

(Millie) wrote:

(snp)

I don't know if you know this, but since I found this group simply by
using google groups, not some newsgroup news. announce whatever, and
there is no reference to it, just how am I supposed to find these bits
of information that aren't posted
here?

I do usenet thru AOL now, but at first I did it thru Google. When I signed up,
I thought I saw the TOS and all, but the basic info is available, along with
the archives to see the posting habits and all.
http://groups.google.com/googlegroups/help.html

I got started, in Nov. '03, on a much busier group--hundreds of posts a day--so
was able to lurk for a couple of weeks and get the feel of the place. This
isn't as busy a group so it's harder to get a feeling that way.

There's always a TOS to agree to when you sign up for things like this and
folks should read them. I emailed a group member to ask about posting
protocols, which is another option. But there's nothing wrong with someone
posting that a post was inappropriate.

Usenet is far more lenient posting-wise (especially for language content) than
AOL boards, but there's always a TOS and offering things up for sale is a no-no
in every place other than a board or group set up for that purpose. And when I
read your post the coat hangers, I thought you were selling them for more
than the price of a stamp.

BTW, I stopped using Google to read and post and switched over to AOL's
newsgroups interface cuz Google is very slow in showing new posts and it was
hard to keep up with a conversation when posts would pop in out of order and
often a half day after the post was sent off, while it shows up in AOL's
newsgroup reader within minutes.

It's a good idea to read up everything a site has to get acquainted with
posting protocols, and Google has a lot on its Groups. page for that purpose.
IMO, it's best to just chalk this up to a learning experience and move on.

Shelly
Old February 18th 04, 08:41 AM
Chuck

On 17 Feb 2004 18:35:53 -0800, (Millie) wrote:

I don't know if you know this, but since I found this group simply by
using google groups, not some newsgroup news. announce whatever, and
there is no reference to it, just how am I supposed to find these bits
of information that aren't posted here?

Which is why I sent you the email that politely asked you not to post
items for sale. You could have responded in like manner and asked
about rules or whatnot and I would have happily pointed you to the web
site. There is also a message that is posted every week or two, by
Dawn, that gives this information and where to find more of it. Look
he
http://www.redsword.com/dollhouse

I can't speak for Pam or any
others, but I guess things have changed since you started 10 years
ago,

Yes, they have, but not all that much. 10 years ago, people still
didn't bother to find out what they were getting into when the started
using UseNet, but at least when it was pointed out to them they didn't
have kittens or act like their "rights" were somehow being trampled
on.

I cruised in here thinking I could discuss dollhouses and such,

Funny, that's not what you told me in your email. You said you were
looking for a place to sell things. AAMOF, you said that you had "no
other reason" for being here than to "sell your services." Now, how
else would I interpret that?

not how to run around the WWW.???? looking for???

There's no more wisdom to that technique than there is to just going
blindly wandering through the streets of a strange city, in a strange
country, looking for whatever it is you might be looking for. It pays
to take the time to learn a little bit about your surroundings rather
than just assuming you know all the ropes just because you managed to
get there.

--
Chuck *#:^)
chaz3913(AT)yahoo(DOT)com

September 11, 2001 - Never Forget

AD: Wire Sculpture Jewelry videos on eBay & Accounting Magik Beads 2 June 21st 04 10:31 PM
Doll dresses 1/12 scale Millie Doll Houses 5 February 12th 04 01:43 AM
Wire question Regina Beads 2 November 23rd 03 09:53 PM
Scale Herb Doll Houses 2 September 2nd 03 03:12 AM
I need beads! Rant and ? about wire mkahogan Beads 6 July 23rd 03 02:06 AM