a 'dyeing' query

Old May 6th 06, 08:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Default a 'dyeing' query

spinninglilac wrote:
I think things have come on so much in the last few years regarding
this Katherine, and people over here are having it done all the time
now.
don't think I could stand it..playing about with things in my eyes,
plus sudden lights that are wrong gives me visual migraines oh well.

Cher,
It was the best money I ever spent. After years of wearing glasses so thick
that they could start forest fires, I was suddenly free. I can walk in the
rain and see where I am going. I can swim without bumping into the wall. I
can come indoors on a cold day without my vision disintegrating completely.
Absolutely wonderful!

Higs,
Katherine

Old May 6th 06, 08:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Works for me! I actually have red hat earrings and brooch, and also a lovely
bag that Michelle made me from red hat fabric.

Higs,
Katherine

spinninglilac wrote:
First to use my stick to rattle the railing with, thenlook for some
purple clothes and a red hat...lol
"Katherine" wrote in message
It is very appropriate, I think.

Higs,
Katherine

spinninglilac wrote:
I think many must have this poem Katherine, I can and will relate
to it as I grow...mind you, at this time of year it is nothing to
see me in the fields with a purple bucket, collecting dye stuff,
and as the year progresses I am there again collecting berries and
this time with a stick..lol

higz cher

"Katherine" wrote in message
spinninglilac wrote:
well it all reminds me of this poem...hiz cher
Warning
by Jenny Joseph

I love this poem, and have a copy in my dining room.

Higs,
Katherine

Old May 6th 06, 10:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

In article , "Katherine"

Els,
I had the laser surgery about 12 years ago, and I have had no problems. I am
a very satisfied customer.

Higs,
Katherine

Katherine that is good to hear, I am happy for you that it worked well

Els
Old May 7th 06, 12:07 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

In article , "Ophelia"
wrote:

I have a cataract in my left eye now. They cut out the lens with a scalpel
(like a grape) and put in an implant. The eye is frozen so one can feel
nothing. They sent me home and the next morning I had to go back. They
took off the patch and I could see clearly) I will get this cataract
fixed on 24th It is the fastest and most efficient op I have ever had

Ophelia, it is indeed amazing what can be done today. Cataract surgery is
a routine operation today. Not only that but they replace the taken out
lens with a new inset one.

Els
Old May 7th 06, 12:10 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

In article , " Christine in Kent, Garden of
England" wrote:

My Mum had the cataracts in both her eyes done in the same way O, at
different times, and couldn't speak highly enough of the operation and its
success. She wasn't well enough for a general anaesthetic, but said the
only problem was knowing what was going on!! Glad it worked for you so well
too, and hope the next one is as good
Love & higs
Christine

Not all eye operations are done with lasers, Cataracts cloudy lenses are
removed as one. I have watched this operation, on TV as well as in a
clinick in Holland when Otto's eyes were done. It is amazing to watch.
With a new lens, and sometimes corrections in glasses, sometimes no
glasses needed at all it is one of the most wonderful things I think.

Els

Old May 7th 06, 01:46 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

I'm not Katherine, but am responding... I'm not YET, but my mother sure is!
"when I'm an old woman, I shall wear purple, and a red hat"

Tell me, when IS one mature enough to be a member?

Noreen

--
change n e t to c o m to email/reply to me.
"BB" wrote in message
. ..
Katherine, are you a member of the Red Hat Society?

BB

Works for me! I actually have red hat earrings and brooch, and also a
lovely bag that Michelle made me from red hat fabric.

Higs,
Katherine

---
avast! AV: Inbound message clean.
Virus Database (VPS): 0618-3, 05/05/2006
Tested: 5/6/2006 7:41:56 PM
avast! - (c) 1988-2006

---
avast! AV: Outbound message clean.
Virus Database (VPS): 0618-3, 05/05/2006
Tested: 5/6/2006 8:20:17 PM
avast! - (c) 1988-2006

Old May 7th 06, 03:17 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Els van Dam wrote:
In article , "Katherine"

Els,
I had the laser surgery about 12 years ago, and I have had no
problems. I am a very satisfied customer.

Higs,
Katherine

Katherine that is good to hear, I am happy for you that it worked well

Well, I tell you! For the first couple of days, I was terrified. I could not
even read headlines in the news paper, and I thought that I had ruined my
vision. But now, it is great. I need reading glasses for pill bottles, but
that is to be expected at my age. g

Higs,
Katherine

Old May 7th 06, 03:18 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

wrote:

My Mum had the cataracts in both her eyes done in the same way O, at
different times, and couldn't speak highly enough of the operation
and its success. She wasn't well enough for a general anaesthetic,
but said the only problem was knowing what was going on!! Glad it
worked for you so well too, and hope the next one is as good
Love & higs
Christine

Not all eye operations are done with lasers, Cataracts cloudy lenses
are removed as one. I have watched this operation, on TV as well as
in a clinick in Holland when Otto's eyes were done. It is amazing to
watch. With a new lens, and sometimes corrections in glasses,
sometimes no glasses needed at all it is one of the most wonderful
things I think.

You watched Otto's operation???? What a brave lady you are!

Higs,
Katherine

natural dyeing Els van Dam Yarn 0 August 23rd 05 03:27 AM
Dyeing Silk Yarn cariadai Yarn 2 March 7th 05 03:31 AM
dyeing with food colouring Els van Dam Yarn 14 July 1st 04 07:17 PM
KoolAid dye question... Noreen's Knit*che Yarn 78 November 9th 03 08:36 PM