Home again.

Old June 14th 07, 11:57 PM posted to alt.sewing,rec.crafts.textiles.needlework,rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Bernadette

Default Home again.

On Wed, 13 Jun 2007 23:40:39 +0000, Juno wrote:

DAB wrote:
Olwyn Mary wrote:
Turns out I have severe bronchitis, not just a cold. However, as the
hospital is so crowded, and I have had all the ultrasounds, x-rays,
round the clock breathing treatments etc., plus my new nebulizer
arrived today, plus I have a retired husband to help out, the doctor
released me with a handful of prescriptions and very strict
instructions.
I have to behave myself, stay in bed (which is where I am going right
after dinner which is being put on the table right now) and just
follow orders. It won't hurt, as I have not the strength to pick up
a needle. In fact, I can barely concentrate on a very lightweight
mystery story.
Olwyn Mary in New Orleans.

Glad your home and hope you get better real fast...don't rush it!

Donna

I'm so glad your home. Take care of yourself and pamper yourself. It's
time to be the Queen of the household and let DH do for you. He'll feel
great for being able to and you'll heal much faster.
Hugs,
Juno

I'm so pleased you're home and feeling a little better Olwyn Mary. Please
don't try to rush things as that can set your recovery back. You need to
conserve your energy until you are really well again.

Bernadette

Old June 15th 07, 12:49 AM posted to alt.sewing,rec.crafts.textiles.needlework,rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

Sorry to hear you've been so ill. Here's wishing you a speedy
recovery.
Marie and the cats

Old June 15th 07, 01:01 PM posted to alt.sewing,rec.crafts.textiles.needlework,rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
ellice

On 6/13/07 10:20 PM, "Spike Driver" wrote:

Olwyn Mary wrote:
Turns out I have severe bronchitis, not just a cold. However, as the
hospital is so crowded, and I have had all the ultrasounds, x-rays,
round the clock breathing treatments etc., plus my new nebulizer arrived
today, plus I have a retired husband to help out, the doctor released me
with a handful of prescriptions and very strict instructions.

I have to behave myself, stay in bed (which is where I am going right
after dinner which is being put on the table right now) and just follow
orders. It won't hurt, as I have not the strength to pick up a needle.
In fact, I can barely concentrate on a very lightweight mystery story.

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans.

Olwyn Mary,

You will be in our prayers. Keep in touch.

Gail has been sick and is being transfered from Rockford, Il to
Northwester University Hospital in Chicago. She is getting weaker and
not feeling very good.

Many prayers,
Dennis & Gail

Sorry to hear that and hope that she recovers with care.

All good thoughts and wishes,

ellice

Old June 15th 07, 01:47 PM posted to alt.sewing,rec.crafts.textiles.needlework,rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Bernadette

On Wed, 13 Jun 2007 21:20:02 -0500, Spike Driver wrote:

Olwyn Mary wrote:
[...]

Dennis I'm sorry to hear that and I thought she was doing so well.
I'm still praying for health for Gail and strength for you.

Old June 15th 07, 09:11 PM posted to alt.sewing,rec.crafts.textiles.needlework,rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Donna[_2_]

Olwyn Mary wrote in news:46706a8f$0$10194$88260bb3
@free.teranews.com:

I have to behave myself, stay in bed

Take care of yourself and get well... the sewing will be there when you're
feeling better.

--
~Donna
http://www.frugalsewing.com
Old June 15th 07, 11:29 PM posted to alt.sewing,rec.crafts.textiles.needlework,rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Olwyn Mary

wrote:
Dear Olwyn Mary,

I empathize with you and hope you will feel better soon. I've had a
violent cough since March, and my doctor has yet to be able to
pinpoint the cause. I'm glad you have been diagnosed, and hope you
make a swift recovery.

Who are your favorite authors? Do you keep a list of best sellers? I
read about ten books a week, and I'm out of space; would like to pass
on some of them. Let me know.

Teri

Dear Teri: I'm sorry you are having it too, it is not nice. Actually,
an R.N. in the hospital gave me a long lecture about being a
"functioning invalid" and not getting help a lot sooner.
About the books, that is very kind of you, but I think the postage would
be outrageous. I have one friend who "haunts" the second-hand paperback
stores, and keeps me supplied. (I do her mending for her in return.)
You might want to try this with your books, around here they generally
pay you one-quarter of the new price for books you turn in, and you pay
them one-half of the retail price when you buy one, so you end up
getting lots of books for one-quarter the price. Sorry if this is
incoherent, I am downstairs for the first time, and still pretty shaky.

Olwyn Mary.

Old June 15th 07, 11:42 PM posted to alt.sewing,rec.crafts.textiles.needlework,rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Bruce

Olwyn Mary wrote:
wrote:
[...]

Take it easy Olwyn Mary - go for the marathon not the sprint!
--
Bruce Fletcher
Stronsay, Orkney
Old June 16th 07, 04:02 AM posted to alt.sewing,rec.crafts.textiles.needlework,rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Well this teaches you to bring flowers all the time ,,,,, let`s say
every sunday !!!!
mirjam

wrote:
Tell your husband I think he should paint your toenails, give you a foot
rub, and maybe he could manage a mini-facial or deep condition your

hair..
that way you can think of this as a trip to a nice spa instead of being
sick in bed.

If I tried that with Maureen it would be like bringing her flowers when
it was not her birthday or our anniversary - she would want to know what
I had done!