OT When Good Sock Monkeys Go Bad

Old October 18th 05, 11:52 PM
NightMist

Default OT When Good Sock Monkeys Go Bad

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sock-Monkey-Old-... cmdZViewItem

I have this whole story in my head about how this poor sock monkey
turned to evil because all the other sock monkeys laughed at him, and
people turned their heads and made little distressed noises whenever
they saw him.

OK so I'm an animist so shoot me.

Bet he still got loved on though. OK, he looks like nobody ever
touched him. I can dream can't I?

NightMist
poor monkey
--
"To repeat what others have said, requires education; to challenge
it, requires brains." -Mary Pettibone Poole
Old October 19th 05, 12:35 AM
D Curtis

My heart goes out to that monkey, I have his brother, a handmade button
eyed floppy, 9 year old's attempt to make a doll. They do get loved on
if they fall into the right hands.
Diana

Old October 19th 05, 12:45 AM
Kathy Applebaum

Sounds like we need to bid on it and have it shipped anonymously to Diana...
heh heh heh...

--
Kathy A. (Woodland, CA)
Queen of Fabric Tramps

.. .

Old October 19th 05, 12:57 AM
D Curtis

I would hug him and love him and call him George. And then send him to
Kathy, where I know he would be treasured forever.
Diana

Old October 19th 05, 01:12 AM
Kathy Applebaum

"D Curtis" wrote in message
I would hug him and love him and call him George.

Curious George? Or should that be "Curious that you would name him
George..." ;-)

Old October 19th 05, 01:17 AM
Denise in NH

I just bid on this little cutie. I've been collecting sock monkeys for
years and find a few occasionally at yard sales. I even made a shirt
with a picture of some of my monkeys with the words, New Hampshire Sock
Monkey Rescue League on it.

Denise

Old October 19th 05, 01:36 AM
D Curtis

They are all named George, every single one of them, whether male or
female, or not even monkey shaped. My sock person was named Charlie, but
it was pronounced Chowie.
Diana, curiouser and curiouser

Old October 19th 05, 01:37 AM
D Curtis

It is good that these beloved figures have a loving home to go to. Bless
you for doing this.
I have a friend with about 30 of them. Each is cherished and brings her
delight. Im sure they do the same for you.
Diana

Old October 19th 05, 01:53 AM
Georg

D Curtis wrote:
They are all named George, every single one of them, whether male or
female, or not even monkey shaped. My sock person was named Charlie, but
it was pronounced Chowie.
Diana, curiouser and curiouser

Not in this house, they aren't.

-georg