I have a question?

Old February 12th 06, 07:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.machine-knit

Default I have a question?

To the machine -knitting group,

Hello,I would like to know if you could machine knit red heart yarns on a
KH 270 knitting machine ?

If not what type of yarns can be knitted with the machine .

Could you be so kind to let me know.

Thank you very much for your time.

Stella

Old February 12th 06, 07:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.machine-knit

Stella Fenley wrote:

Hello,I would like to know if you could machine knit red heart yarns on a
KH 270 knitting machine ?

If not what type of yarns can be knitted with the machine .

Red Heart puts out a wide range of yarns, some which would be far too too
thin for the 270, and some which would be just right - which particular Red
Heart yarn did you have in mind?

Old February 12th 06, 07:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.machine-knit

Stella Fenley wrote:

The Red Heart Yarn that you can purchace in bundles at the department stores
,like at Walmart,or even the red heart yarn that can be purchased on line .

Yes, but WHICH Red Heart yarns? Surely the label says more than just 'Red
Heart'!
Old February 12th 06, 07:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.machine-knit

Hi Stella,

I have a Brother KH270 and I can knit DK at between T1 or 2 , and aran and
chunky at higher numbers. If you mean US worsted weight, which I understand
is between DK and aran in thickness, then I would think you could use it at
a fairly low tension.

--
Sue W in East Anglia, UK

Old February 12th 06, 08:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.machine-knit

The red heart yarn is the size of the dk,yes I guess that is what you call
it the 3 and 4 ply worsted weight , that you can handknit or crochet with
..I was just wondering if it is or is not recommended that the 3 or 4 ply
yarn could be knitted on the machine .Would it cause pits in the machine
bed?

Thanks for your help.

Stella

m...

Old February 12th 06, 10:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.machine-knit

The biggest problem with using Red Heart in skeins is having to wind it
and change out the yarn all the time. It will not hurt your machine at
all.

--

Amy Stinson
Owner MACHKNIT

HTTP://WWW.LISTHOST.COM/ARCHIVES/MACHKNIT.HTML

:

Old February 13th 06, 02:48 AM
eileandover05 eileandover05 is offline
Junior Member

Location: Lake Charles, LA
Send a message via Yahoo to eileandover05

Hi Stella,
Most of the Redhear yarns can be used on the bulky machines. I use the worsted and sport weight on my elna bulky (9mm) with no problems. I wouldn't try and do dbj with the worsted as it would make too heavy a fabric. I've used it to make ski hats, scarves, shawls, mittens and afghans. You'll have to adjust the tension for the thickness of the yarn.
Good luck,
Allen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stella Fenley
To the machine -knitting group,

Hello,I would like to know if you could machine knit red heart yarns on a
KH 270 knitting machine ?

If not what type of yarns can be knitted with the machine .

Could you be so kind to let me know.

Thank you very much for your time.

Stella
Just Lil ol me,