Ideas needed......

Old June 21st 08, 10:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pati C.

Default Ideas needed......

Okay... we have a yearly quilt show here in the Valley. (Actually it is
the Arizona Guild show, covers most of the state, Tucson has it's own
guild and show.....G) Every year there is a theme for the show, and
one of the categories is the theme category. For 2009 the theme is "A
Symphony of Quilts". So I need some ideas for possible quilts. G
I thought about "Unfinished Symphony", but figure that one is just
tooooo obvious. G

So, if you have any ideas, preferable off the wall type ideas please let
me know. There is a size limit on the quilts for this category, so that
may limit some ideas. G

Help me get creative on this, Please.

Thanks in advance...
Pati, in Phx
Old June 22nd 08, 12:05 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
off kilter [email protected]

On Jun 21, 5:56*pm, "Pati C." wrote:
Okay... we have a yearly quilt show here in the Valley. (Actually it is
the Arizona Guild show, covers most of the state, Tucson has it's own
guild and show.....G) Every year there is a theme for the show, and
one of the categories is the theme category. *For 2009 the theme is "A
Symphony of Quilts". So I need some ideas for possible quilts. G
I thought about "Unfinished Symphony", but figure that one is just
tooooo obvious. G

So, if you have any ideas, preferable off the wall type ideas please let
me know. *There is a size limit on the quilts for this category, so that
may limit some ideas. G

Help me get creative on this, Please.

Thanks in advance...
Pati, in Phx

The only thing I could think of was to take a symphony - I just did a
search on them and pulled up some of Beethoven's...go from there, like
symphony #? in Bflat.....use colors that atart with B...just a
thought...will try to come up with more as brain starts firing again
Old June 22nd 08, 01:33 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jack Campin - bogus address

Okay... we have a yearly quilt show here in the Valley. (Actually it is
the Arizona Guild show, covers most of the state, Tucson has it's own
guild and show.....G) Every year there is a theme for the show, and
one of the categories is the theme category. For 2009 the theme is "A
Symphony of Quilts". So I need some ideas for possible quilts. G
I thought about "Unfinished Symphony", but figure that one is just
tooooo obvious. G

So, if you have any ideas, preferable off the wall type ideas please let
me know. There is a size limit on the quilts for this category, so that
may limit some ideas. G

This guy does paintings while listening to music and has some
influenced by Messiaen's "Turangalila Symphony":

http://www.rowan-hull.co.uk/index.php?id=51

(You can find bits of Turangalila on YouTube, which helps to show you
how the orchestration works, but the sound doesn't really do it; you
aren't going to get those eight trombones realistically blasting
through your computer speakers).

==== j a c k at c a m p i n . m e . u k === http://www.campin.me.uk ====
Old June 22nd 08, 01:50 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Beethoven's Fifth- use appliquéd 'fifth' bottles of various alcoholic
beverages all over the quilt and quilt cocktail glasses and stemware on it.

Leslie- feeling silly and a teetotaler! & The FOUR Furbabies in MO.

Old June 22nd 08, 01:56 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Gen

You want off the wall---I don't have any idea why this popped into my head
as I read your post----all I can think of is a bug symphony. Praying
mantis, lady bugs, etc. all making music. Weird!!!!!!! I have embroidery
designs of a lady bug band--can you use this?
Gen

Old June 22nd 08, 02:33 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Butterflywings

This reminds me of that Disney (?)cartoon......gals on an island 'blasting
musical notes' on one side to the men on the other side on another island
and the 'kidlets' fall in love. Gals were 'cellos, violins', etc and the
guys were 'tubas, horns', etc.

Butterfly (Thinking it was a black and white cartoon)

Old June 22nd 08, 02:44 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Michelle C[_3_]

"Pati C." wrote in message
Okay... we have a yearly quilt show here in the Valley. (Actually it is
the Arizona Guild show, covers most of the state, Tucson has it's own
guild and show.....G) Every year there is a theme for the show, and one
of the categories is the theme category. For 2009 the theme is "A
Symphony of Quilts". So I need some ideas for possible quilts. G
I thought about "Unfinished Symphony", but figure that one is just tooooo
obvious. G

So, if you have any ideas, preferable off the wall type ideas please let
me know. There is a size limit on the quilts for this category, so that
may limit some ideas. G

Help me get creative on this, Please.

Thanks in advance...
Pati, in Phx

Hi Pati,

This would be beyond my ability, but the theme title immediately invoked a
picture of a saxophone with quilts coming out of it (instead of notes).
Okay, maybe that's weird, but you said to get creative. ;-)
--
Michelle in NV
http://community.webshots.com/user/desert_quilter

Old June 22nd 08, 03:15 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
nzlstar*[_2_]

could have an orchestra with other quilt/block designs
involved.
my thot was a harp with bargello design where the strings
are.
j.
beyond mine too, Michelle but i know its not beyond Pati's
ability

"Michelle C" wrote...

Old June 22nd 08, 03:50 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Ginger in CA

My mind is playing the "Ride of the Valkyries" as I read this post,
picturing a Viking clad female sitting down, quilting.

Ginger in CA
where obviously the heat has gotten to me....

Old June 22nd 08, 01:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta Zollner

Read Ricky Tims's book "Rhapsody Quilts" -plenty of ideas in there. Better
yet, get him to come do a workshop durning the show.
Roberta in D

Ideas needed Linda Sweigart Quilting 15 July 5th 05 12:25 PM
Ideas needed Susan Carey Yarn 10 June 7th 05 08:22 PM
quilting ideas needed please sdgodfrey Quilting 20 May 24th 05 06:38 AM
DS#1 has hat request - ideas needed JCT Yarn 5 March 2nd 05 10:13 AM
Design Ideas & Help Needed C Lutz Quilting 8 August 21st 03 10:11 PM