More information about allaboutbeading

Old October 25th 04, 05:45 PM
DreamBeadr

Default More information about allaboutbeading

Hi folks,
Mary Tafoya posted this information on the About.com forum, and I thought I
would pass it along to all of you. I ran my Adaware program and found the same
information. I deleted it, returned to the allaboutbeading site, and there
they were again. =o/ Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!

Here is Mary's post:
I realized last night after looking around on allaboutbeading again that some
of her advertisers install spyware on visitors computers.

I noticed my computer was running real slow after surfing the site. I checked
for spyware and found several items installed from 2 different ad sponsors on
the site. I cleaned them off my computer, and today, to make sure that's where
they were coming from I went back again, and sure enough, found more spyware
after visiting the site.

I am not sure but I think some of it might be coming from when you click the
search button at the top right -- if you'll notice, it looks like a fill-in
box, but when you click on it, it is actually a link to a new page instead.

I dunno, unless the owner can explain otherwise, I'm assuming that visitors to
the site are fair game for spyware and who knows what other kind of information
sharing.

Strike 4! (or was that 5?) ;-)

If you don't have a spyware program on your computer, I recommend that you
download one. I have tried several and prefer Adaware, published by Lavasoft.

Beki
http://www.whimbeads.com

Old October 26th 04, 06:36 PM
Zaney

There are NO spyware programs installed on a visitors computer from
All About Beading http://www.allaboutbeading or any of my sites.

A couple of my sites issue "serssion ID's" which is part and parcel of
the workings of the base PHP program or self contained (note means
does not track off site) cookies for users logging into the members
area only pages of the site. These are NON-INVASIVE and NEITHER
installs spyware on your computer.

Surfing to sites that we provide a link to may be the culprit, but
there is no way for me to know what each individual site may have.

Old October 26th 04, 08:05 PM
Kalera Stratton

Thank you, Beki! I was having intense problems with my computer slowing
down after visiting that site, even though I have a firewall and a
couple of spyware stoppers. I cleaned my computer and found a whole
bunch of junk, some of which was really hard to get rid of.

-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
http://www.snipurl.com/kebay

Old October 27th 04, 07:46 AM
Kalera Stratton

It seems, however, as if at least one of your ADVERTISERS is installing
adware. Talk to your site developer... he or she can explain to you how
this is done, and should be able to check the ads you display for hidden
adware code that loads to your visitor's computers.

-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
http://www.snipurl.com/kebay

Old October 28th 04, 02:55 PM
Mary Tafoya

Kalera Stratton wrote in message ...
It seems, however, as if at least one of your ADVERTISERS is installing
adware. Talk to your site developer... he or she can explain to you how
this is done, and should be able to check the ads you display for hidden
adware code that loads to your visitor's computers.

She *is* the site developer.

Mary T. 8-)

Aunt Molly's Bead Street
http://www.flash.net/~mjtafoya
Old October 28th 04, 03:28 PM
Kalera Stratton

Ahhh... so either she doesn't know what she's doing, or her ignorance is
feigned.

-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
http://www.snipurl.com/kebay